Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Best albums of 2015

Best albums of 2015

We've wrapped up the Albums of 2014 thread with the full 2014 playlist here.

Now you can start sharing the albums you recommend from 2015 with the Spotify Community below. We recommend posting a Spotify Play Button following these steps:

1. Right click on the desired song/ playlist. 

2. Click 'Copy Spotify URI'.

2. Go to your Community post. 

3. Click 'Insert/edit link button'

Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 9.51.27 AM.png

4. Paste URI.

5. Click Post. 

And remember to give kudos to the albums you also agree belong on the "best of 2015" list. 

I'll get us started with my current favorite for 2015: Panda Bear's new album "Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper".

Want to share your favorite songs of 2015? Join this thread here. 

417 Replies

Hello !

2015 - News indie-Pop-Rock ( Singles And Albums Extracts )

Since 1st January 2015

( Update : May 7 )

""

Hello !  Spiritofradio

The album courtney Barnett has already been posted  🙂

It's not important is a good album

Coutney Barnett

Cheers. I hadnt checked that far back. I was in two minds whether to post that or this week I heard earlier :

spotify:album:76dauwvPVYCqY7bfcx4Olw

Hello !

Mac McCaughan - Non-Believers  ( 2015 )

McCaughan was a founding member of the rock band Superchunk. Formed in 1989, they were one of the bands that helped define the Chapel Hill music scene of the 1990s. Their energetic, high-velocity style and do-it-yourself ethics were influenced by punk rock. The band released a string of full-length albums and compilations throughout the 90’s. After releasing their eighth studio album in 2001, the band went into a period of reduced activity. In 2010, the band released a new studio album Majesty Shredding and followed it up in 2013 with their tenth studio album, I Hate Music.

He also heads the band Portastatic, which began as a lo-fi side project from Superchunk and has blossomed into his main musical project. Prior to this, he was the head of another lo-fi band named Bricks with Andrew Webster of Tsunami, Josh Phillips and Laura Cantrell. Other early bands he played with include Wwax and Slushpuppies.
In the early 1990s he was also the original drummer in the band Seam, which was formed in 1991 with former **bleep** Magnet front man Sooyoung Park. He played on their debut album Headsparks and the Kernel EP.

In 2002, McCaughan teamed up with Robert Pollard of Guided By Voices to form the group Go Back Snowball. The duo recorded and released an album in 2002, titled Calling Zero. ( Wikipedia )

""

I don't know about the best of 2015 but I've  been pleasantly suprised by Jekyll + Hyde

Any album with guest apperances by Sara Bareilles AND Chris Cornell- 'nuf saidSmiley Tongue

spotify:album:1xy141zMRluP7YaE94IawT

Hello !

Giant Sand -  Heartbreak Pass ( 2015 )

-  Beyond The Valley Of Rain ( 2015 )

Giant Sand, the iconic and influential band fronted by Howe Gelb, celebrates 30 years of freewheeling and ever-evolving music making on new album, Heartbreak Pass, due May 5, 2015 on New West Records. The album spans founder Gelb’s far-reaching career and mixes the rollicking nature of the band’s 1985 debut, Valley of Rain, with the dusty alt-folk, desert-rock and jazzy lounge-piano explorations of his most recent releases. ( http://www.glidemagazine.com )

""

Now ‘Beyond the Valley of Rain’ brings you ‘Valley of Rain’ on one LP, as originally intended, with long lost tapes remixed and restored. The second disc features radio session and live recordings, dipping as far back as a 1983 Giant Sandworms appearance on KXCI. You also get to hear a crack band barmstorming through Europe via an acclaimed performance at Vera in Groningen, Holland in 1986, that highlights two songs with Rainer Ptacek taking the lead. This special release comes with liner notes written by Howe himself, chock full of wild adventures from skid row in Los Angeles to the Berlin Wall.. ( http://www.recordstoreday.nl )

""

Hello !

Ivan & Alyosha - It's All Just Pretend ( 2015 )

Ivan and Alyosha, also known as I & A, is a folk-pop, indie, rock Seattle, Washington. Formed in 2007 with the current members, Tim Wilson and Ryan Carbary. They were then joined by Pete Wilson (Tim's brother) and Tim Kim.

« It’s All Just Pretend » was produced and engineered by Ryan Carbary, Chad Copelin and Joe Chiccarelli (U2, My Morning Jacket) and features 11 songs, led by the single “All This Wandering Around.” Packed tightly with flowing melodies and superb vocal harmonies, It’s All Just Pretend gives fans of the band everything they’ve come to expect and more

( http://www.axs.com )

""

Vulnicura isn't available on Spotify at this time but it is a great album. spotify:album:5riZ93HuqpBSIO8G2cQiyt

Follow me

Hello !

Mandoline Orange - Such Jubilee ( 2015 )

MANDOLIN ORANGE are the North Carolina-born duo of Emily Frantz and Andrew Marlin. One of the most remarkable pair of voices on the Americana scene today   ( http://www.thebluegrasssituation.com )

"Mandolin Orange has been quietly gathering local and faraway fans since its debut album was released back in 2010. The North Carolina duo's music -- laced with bluegrass, country and folk -- is often wistful and contemplative without being somber, and always firmly grounded in the South." - WNYC Soundcheck   ( http://www.mandolinorange.com )

""

Hello !

The Airbone Toxic Event - Songs Of God And Whiskey

( 2015 )

On the same day of the release of their highly anticipated record Dope Machines, The Airborne Toxic Event announced that they will also be releasing an all acoustic record called Songs of God and Whiskey. The music that will be on Songs of God and Whiskey is taken from 10 years of songwriting. According to the band, some songs are quite new while others are old, and all of them were recorded in a small studio on a hill in Mount Washington. ( http://www.axs.com )

""

"Dope Machine" was posted there 4 weeks: It's Here

The Airbone Toxic Event - Dope Machine

It makes my heart soar when I see how many NC bands get love in this forum. This is a fantastic place to live and be a part of in terms of live music!

Kehlani's You Should Be Here

spotify:user:bradleyfields:playlist:36BMyeUiPgiIoybsH9VMqb

——
BF

Oh, and Laura Welsh's Soft Control.

spotify:album:0byg0htbwM7Abz9tYrmKg9

——
BF

Hello !

@mollybeee  thanks for "Airlands"

Airlands - Airlands ( 2015 )

"AirLands is the first solo album by Brooklyn-based singer-songwriter Kevin Calaba. A Kickstarter-Funded collaboration alongside producers Tony Lash (The Dandy Warhols, Elliot Smith) and Aaron Nevezie (The Black Keys, The City and Horses), AirLands' sound ranges from the grandeur of British rock to the introspection of NW Indie, layering deep grooves under lush harmonies, and sparkling guitars set off by moody synth orchestration.
The album is an 11 song, 45-minute journey with thematics of search and rescue, evolution of the soul, hope and not hope, and the bright, and mysterious concept of love.

""

Hello !

Will Dailey - National Throat ( Deluxe ) - ( 2015 )

As of August 24, 2007, it was noted in the biography section of WillDailey.com that he started his professional career early. At age 12, he used his own savings to buy a small guitar and amp. By age 16, he had completed his first public performance on stage at a pub.
Will Dailey performed at the annual Farm Aid benefit concert on September 20, 2008 at the Comcast Center in Mansfield, Massachusetts to raise money for family farmers. Others on the bill included Farm Aid principals Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp, Neil Young and Dave Matthews along with Kenny Chesney, The Pretenders, Jakob Dylan and The Gold Mountain Rebels and others.
His songs have appeared in a variety of venues, including numerous television shows (see a partial list of Will Dailey's songs featured in television programs).
On May 22, 2009, Dan Aquilante of The New York Post favorably contrasted Will Dailey with the performers on American Idol, writing “Forget the last five months of force-fed artificial pop music on TV that just crowned a king (who I'm betting will be forgotten as quickly as he was created) – Will Dailey is the real deal." ( Wikipedia )

""

Hello !

Virginia Wing - Measures Of Joy ( Deluxe Version ) - 2015

Measures Of Joy is the debut album from South London based group Virginia Wing, released on Fire Records . The album is a work of psychedelic majesty that avoids the rockist trappings that many contemporary bands fall into; speaking to everyday anxiety and isolation and in contrast, seeking to evoke an inner world of pastoral fortification.
The startlingly realised collection draws influence from the radiophonic sounds of Broadcast, the kosmische wonder of Cluster and the rhythmic propulsion of This Heat whilst never directly emulating any particular style.
Building on the experimentations found on their 7" on Critical Heights and a 12" EP on Faux Discx, Measures Of Joy encompasses spoken-word passages, brooding electronics and musique concrete influences to create songs that are at once immediate and truly strange.
From the metronomic pulse of "World Contact" and the avant-pop of "Marnie" to the sonic experimentation of "Gold Thread", Measures Of Joy is a record that consistently surprises and ensnares; a collection of hallucinogenic pop-songs played with a sense of urgency and an experimental verve.
Virginia Wing is Alice Merida Richards, Sam Pillay and Sebastian Truskolaski. The album was recorded at Holy Mountain Studios by Misha Hering. ( http://www.firerecords.com )

""

Hello !

Sink Tapes - Creases  ( 2015 )

Sink Tapes is a New Jersey band that really excels at 80’s-influenced jangle-rock that calls to mind such luminaries such as R.E.M., “Isn’t Anything”-era My Bloody Valentine, and the Replacements. Their latest record, Creases, released jointly on Sniffling Indie Kids and Mint 400 Records, is an exercise in this tight and focused form of songwriting and arranging, and each song delights with twists and turns, catchy riffs, and gutwrenching lyrics, even within the span of songs that are rarely longer than 2 and a half minutes. For a bunch of young suburban kids, their sound is wonderfully well developed. They’ve studied up on their influences and song after song has that authentic, raunchy sound of anguished yet apathetic potsmoking hooligans that so many of us have grown to love ( http://aputumpu.us )

""

Hello !

Faith Healer -  Cosmic Troubles ( 2015 )

Jessica Jalbert is an Edmonton artist
After the release of her solo record Brother Loyola in 2011, Jessica dubbed herself « Faith Healer » and teamed up with producer Renny Wilson, her longtime collaborator and friend.Together, they created Cosmic Troubles ... A superb album

""

The Mowgli's-Kids in Love:

spotify:album:4M2p2BIRHIeBu8Ew9IBQ0s

Suggested posts