Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Best albums of 2015

Best albums of 2015

We've wrapped up the Albums of 2014 thread with the full 2014 playlist here.

Now you can start sharing the albums you recommend from 2015 with the Spotify Community below. We recommend posting a Spotify Play Button following these steps:

1. Right click on the desired song/ playlist. 

2. Click 'Copy Spotify URI'.

2. Go to your Community post. 

3. Click 'Insert/edit link button'

Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 9.51.27 AM.png

4. Paste URI.

5. Click Post. 

And remember to give kudos to the albums you also agree belong on the "best of 2015" list. 

I'll get us started with my current favorite for 2015: Panda Bear's new album "Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper".

Want to share your favorite songs of 2015? Join this thread here. 

417 Replies

Hello !

Adam Torres - Nostra Nova ( 2015 )

Adam Torres's breathtakingly beautiful Nostra Nova will be reissued April 21, 2015. Originally released in very DIY fashion in 2006, the album gained a cult following around Ohio. The LP arrives on clear vinyl and will be limited to 500 foil-numbered copies. ( http://www.misrarecords.com )

""

Man , your music list is really awesome! according to this lise I find lots of good music . Thx

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

accesamsung

@eric080  Hello !

Thanks ! And welcome to the community   Smiley Wink

Hello !

Michael Venart - None ( 2015 )

ok, I guess I'm about ship wrecks, and lolly-pops on the moon, lost farts, and that mystery that your feeling just out of reach... perhaps I'm about nothing, a vacuous spontaneous eruption of the music and ideas I've been exposed to, like a sponge, then, like a pingpong ball,I bounce it around in your head indefinitely.
Right... you want the where, when, why **bleep**...
Back in 85 I went to Montreal to pay back a friend I had borrowed 20$ from, I stayed. Joined "Johnny got his gun", then "Johnny was"... after 4 years I moved out west to Vancouver, played briefly in "Freedom Press", then "Jello foot", which turned into "Zolty Cracker"... which I bowed out of after a while and then joined "Clap" which lasted a second or two... I moved back to the east, New Brunswick, and formed "Nocturnal Press", which I'm currently bouncing like a beach ball... it could be just a collection of musicians... or it could be... crap. Out of admiration and boredom I joined "Piperabo", in which I rock out and ignore this, my solo stuff... enjoy! ( Michael Venart )
All content © mv.music
http://www.michaelvenart.com

""

Hello !

2015 - News indie-Pop-Rock ( Singles And Albums Extracts )

Since 1st January 2015

( Update : May 30 )

""

Hello !

The Bright Light Social Hour - Space Is Still The place

( 2015 )

The Bright Light Social Hour is a psychedelic rock band from Austin, Texas. Born out of a university art-rock collective, the band first gained attention in Austin from their incendiary live performances and innovative vision of rock and roll, melding southern rock, hard-dance, psychedelic blues, and deep-soul.

Following their album release, The Bright Light Social Hour embarked on a heavy touring rotation, playing over four hundred shows throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico, including performances at Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits, Sasquatch and Hang Out music festivals, and opening for Aerosmith at the Plains of Abraham in Quebec City. The Bright Light Social Hour released their second full-length LP, Space Is Still the Place, on March 10, 2015 via Frenchkiss Records (worldwide) and MapleMusic Recordings (Canada).

The band currently features Jack O'Brien on bass guitar and vocals, Curtis Roush on guitar and vocals, Edward Braillif on synthesizers and guitar, and Joseph Mirasole on drums. ( wikipedia )

""

Hello !

Sun Kil Moon - Universal Themes ( 2015 )

Sun Kil Moon is an American folk rock act from San Francisco, California, founded in 2002. Initially a continuation of the defunct indie rock band Red House Painters, Sun Kil Moon is now the primary recording moniker of vocalist and guitarist Mark Kozelek.

Following the delayed release of Red House Painters' final studio album, Old Ramon (2001), vocalist and guitarist Kozelek began recording new material under the name Sun Kil Moon with bandmates Anthony Koutsos (drums) and Jerry Vessel (bass), alongside Geoff Stanfield and Tim Mooney.1st album in 2003 (Ghosts of the great highway)The project's second studio album, Tiny Cities (2005), was composed entirely of Modest Mouse cover songs.In 2008, the band released its third studio album, April. Recorded as a three-piece by Kozelek, Koutsos and Stanfield, the album was well received and featured guest vocal appearances from noted indie rock musicians Will Oldham and Ben Gib Inspired by classical guitar music, Kozelek recorded Sun Kil Moon's fourth studio album, Admiral Fell Promises (2010), as a solo act, and continued to record mostly alone on its follow-up, Among the Leaves (2012). In 2013, Kozelek released three studio albums under his own name before releasing Sun Kil Moon's sixth studio album, Benji, in February 2014, to widespread critical acclaim and increased exposure. In 2015, Kozelek will release Sun Kil Moon's seventh studio album, Universal ( wikipedia )

""

Content unavailable in the US Smiley Mad

Receieved the CD on Saturday. In love!!

spotify:album:2jn2n5OkuHliOLKCqHnjXV

Hello !

The Cush - Transcendental Heatwave ( 2015 )

The Cush’s unbelievably wonderful ‘Transcendental Heatwave’ is the bands fourth album, but the first to be pressed onto vinyl

Each track on their newest album explores a little differently, melded sounds of full-bodied yet smooth guitar grooves, theremin, synths alongside beautiful vocal harmonies. It all sits so well together, nothing seems to take over, familiar all the while something new and refreshing. — ( Nailed Magazine )
The entire album is an enigma in that the music never fully revisits the sound of the track before it. It instead continuously morphs into something new without completely shedding The Cush identity. — ( Step On Magazine )
http://www.follyphone.com

""

Hello !

Ceremony - The L-Shaped Man ( 2015 )

Ceremony
Following in the footsteps of acts like Interpol and Editors, the latest band to mine the dour moods of Joy Division is a group of reformed hardcore-punk squawkers.

( http://www.rollingstone.com )

Ceremony’s fifth studio album, The L-Shaped Man, uses singer Ross Farrar’s recent breakup as a platform to explore loneliness and emotional weariness, but it is by no means a purely sad album. Rather than look inward, Farrar uses his experience to write about what it means to go through something heavy and come out the other side a different person. ( matadorrecords.com )

""

Hello !

The Wake - Here Comes Everybody ( Remaster ) - 2015

'Here Comes Everybody', the 1985 album by acclaimed Factory band The Wake, is re-released in a special remastered double disc 30th anniversary CD edition by Factory Benelux ( 4 May 2015. ) Comprising the entire original album plus time-appropriate singles Talk About The Past and Of The Matter, radio session tracks, the Something That No-One Else Could Bring E.P. and seven (count 'em) unreleased demos from 1988-90 this is indeed a very special package. ( cerysmaticfactory.info )

""

Hello !

The Catenary Wires - Red Red Skies - 2015

The Catenary Wires is the new project from Amelia Fletcher and Rob Pursey. Their debut mini-album Red Red Skies is due for release on Elefant Records on 1st June.

Together,the duo have an impressive 30 year indie-pop pedigree, including Talulah Gosh, Heavenly, Marine Research and Tender Trap. The Catenary Wires started when they moved out of London to the countryside and started writing quiet and melancholy songs on a small acoustic guitar, to help get them through the winter. They then realized that this barer, stripped down format gave their songs a moving intensity and intimacy, bringing to mind singers like Hope Sandoval and Laura Veirs. ( http://elefant.com )

""

Hello !

Regal Degal - Not now ( 2015 )

Brooklyn NY band Regal Degal are proud to announce their sophomore album Not Now on Terrible Records.
This collection of songs serves as the most essential Regal Degal record yet. Not Now is a culmination of the myriad experiences that have shaped theRegal sound - a stint in Los Angeles where the band released their debut full-length Veritable Who's Who on No Age's PPM Records, a recent relocation to NYC and countless shows with the likes of Black Dice, Chk Chk Chk, The Clean, Panda Bear, DIIV, Real Estate and Grizzly Bear - the latter of which turned out to be most fruitful for the band.
Produced in tandem with Grizzly Bear's Chris Taylor, and recorded in both Berlin and New York at the legendary Grizzly Bear church and Mexican Summer's Brooklyn studio, the band were able to truly capture the impact of their live show, while leaving space for Taylor's unique sense of space and dynamics. ( http://www.piccadillyrecords.com )

""

Thought it would be a good idea to start a thread to collect the best albums released this year.

Here are a few of my personal favourites to get it started:

Not just a good name, a good album too:

+1 for Elvis Depressedly @Jack_H

Some good choices in this thread 🙂

That would be helpful to have a label at the top of each album, because they are not all from the same genre.

Here is one of mine

[ALTERNATIVE ROCK] [WORLD ROCK]

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello !

2015 - News indie-Pop-Rock ( Singles And Albums Extracts )

Since 1st January 2015

( Update : June 03 )

""

My favorites so far:

[alternative rock]

spotify:album:0Q31RwMIh0WOxqJDa0F31q

[pop-punk / shoegaze]

spotify:album:1Qt8qA9vTsnfv9k2fycFsY

[pop-punk / dream-pop]

spotify:album:1v7hBIWUmfhggbxYd9HIW7

[punk / indie rock]

spotify:album:3yemIrXE3tMSTcLrl5r1cw