Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

2017 Wrapped does not work

Solved!

2017 Wrapped does not work

After waiting two days and doing several attempts I'm deciding to go here. Whenever I try to access my 2017 wrapped, I just get the error message saying "we don't got enough data about how you listened this year to serve you the full experience". That's complete bull**bleep**. 

On last.fm I got nearly 8,000 scrobbles this year, and all of it is through Spotify. You mean to tell me that's not enough to generate some simple statistics? 

I have tried refreshing the page several times, logging in and out of Spotify, and waiting for several minutes, sometimes hours, to access 2017 Wrapped - on five different browsers, ASWELL as my phone.

Sure, I could just use my stats from Last.fm, but I want my 2017 Playlist as well. Is this really to much to ask? Anyone got a solution to this? I simply just don't buy this sorry excuse of "not enough data" when I should be well represented with time wasted on listening to music.

44 Replies

Everytime i click on the 'How you Listened this year' it opens as far as a 100 and then freezes....please fix this Spotify as a premium user i would love to view this,

Yeei Spotify is awesome. I hope they'll fix it.

"Thanks for reaching out to us. Sorry to hear you're unhappy about Wrapped not being available to all users. We'll be glad to sort this out for you.
As music lovers ourselves, we understand your frustration, so we’re going to look into this for you.
We've done a little something backstage for you to access your Wrapped this year. This can take up to 10 days, so we’d recommend checking back on the website then. We’re sorry for the delay.
Worry not, we’ve already passed this on to the right folks. We're always aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue to use it and find it gets better in the future.
Thanks for getting in touch with us about this, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else."

What did you do to get that message, trkanna?

Wrapped only updated one time, for me. No matter how many songs I've listened to since that first update, it still says I've listened to the same amount of songs for the same amount of time. I've even tried listening on different devices, but it made no difference.

Wrapped is for suckers.

I sent a message to support. I got the reply in about 15 minutes

(I had sent one before and then I got a different reply. Something like sorry wrapped didn't live up to your expectations, here is two playlists for you) 

This was more helpful and I'm hoping to fix the problem 

I have premium, and it's not working for me either. It's making me really mad. 

I'm also a Premium subscriber. Spotify responded to me about the aforementioned issue saying that while they acknowledge issues with Wrapped, Wrapped was only designed to take into account your Spotify plays from the start of January until the end of November. That explains why Wrapped isn't counting my latested plays. Although, I'm now confused as to why they chose to design Wrapped not to include December, a legitimate month of the calendar, by my estimation.

@shuzzbutt 

Because this is an end of the year campaign. Every "best of" list and selection is released at the end of the year, not in January. For including your plays in December, wrapped would've only been released in January. Many people like to look back at their year at the end of the year, and have a fresh start in January. So probably more people prefer listening to the best songs of 2017 in December than next year January. 

That's the a very reasonable approach for professionally curated lists containing album reviews, which have to meet publishing deadlines. Especially as such often benefit from advance copies of albums. However, for those who, for example, just have to click a button and wait a second or two in order to get their year-end tallies, as with Wrapped, then it's better to wait until, at least, the final album release date of the year and the final week of December. That would provide a more accurate picture and memory - and you could still go into January fresh.

The same thing is happening to me and I have been using Spotify every day during school and after, 24/7 for a year now. I have the same message popping up and i don't understand why

I have Spotify Premium and it isn't working for me! 😞 It's complete BS because I'm literally on Spotify every f***king day!

IT'S WORKING!!!!

Guys, check yours!! I've just checked mine which never worked and now it works!! I'm sooooo happy!!

Thanks Spotify ❤️

Still not working for me. 😞

I'Ve tried in multiple browsers on many different day.

@a_umf

Try writing to them. That's what I did and they wrote that they'd fix it in 10 days and 6 days later it works fine. Don't give it up

I have the premium account, been listening to Spotify every day for work, gym, etc, and still nothing. Based on how many people on here are having the same issues, I’m assuming/hoping Spotify will be addressing this, if they haven’t already begun looking into it. I vaguely recall not having my 2016 playlist until late in the year, meaning Christmas/New Years. So it may be possible they are waiting until the last day of the year or Christmas to release all the personalized “2017 wrapped” playlists. This is all speculation though.. Not sure why they would advertise it if this was their intent, but I guess we’ll see. 

How do I find their contact info? Write to Wrapped or Spotify? I don't see a way to really contact either. 

Hi!

This is where I wrote to them:

https://support.spotify.com/hu/contact-spotify-anonymous/

I chose Technical Issues and then Other.

Thank you!!

Guys! I found a solution, if you want to find out which tracks and artist you listened to the most this year or ever just insert:  http://107.170.81.187:8080/public/top In your browser and then you log into spotify and then you have the list! And for total minutes check your email that your account are connected to, and find the mail by spotify that is named «wrapped 2017» hope this helps!

Suggested posts