Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Community Tips] How to embed a song or playlist

Solved!

[Community Tips] How to embed a song or playlist

To help us all share the songs we love on this board, here's a handy guide to putting playable music into your posts.

Other folks will then be able to play directly from your post without having to leave the Community. Pretty cool, yeah?

Step 1: Right-click whatever it is you'd like to embed, and select Copy Embed Code.

Screen Shot 2013-01-10 at 13.49.05.png

Step 2: Make a post, and choose the HTML tab just above the text box.

Screen Shot 2013-01-10 at 13.50.34.png

Step 3: Paste in the embed code from Step 1 (ctrl/cmd+v should do the trick)

Screen Shot 2013-01-10 at 13.51.49.png

Step 4 (optional): Preview your post to check everything's looking good.

Screen Shot 2013-01-10 at 13.52.29.png

Step 5: Add a message, and post! It's that easy.

Any more questions? Just get in touch with a Community Moderator or Superuser - we're here to help.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
67 Replies

I'm having an issue where one of my embedded playlists keeps displaying as a song that is not in the playlist, as the first track. The same song keeps taking the first slot even when I've updated the playlist and refreshed the code. Additonally, the song won't play when clicked, so it recongizes it's not in the list but keeps being displayed. 

Attached are 2 images of the playlist on my website and a browser view of the playlist. The 3rd image is the actual (correct) playlist displayed on mobile. I've highlighted the offending track that is not actually in the playlist. 

Anyone have any suggestions/help? 

Spot1.png
Spot2.png
Spot3(correct).png

Hi! I am trying to embed my list in message, but keep getting error message that there is incorrect code.  I just copied and pasted it....any suggestions?

not sure if this is going to work but this is my test! 

i keep getting the invalid html error too

Still looking for any help with this bug. Nothing I've tried has worked!  

Hi there!  Do these embedded players work on mobile as well?  for example, if i come across a blog post that has an embedded playlist, will it play on mobile as well?

If not, what's the best way to embed playlists so that they can play on mobile?

Thanks,

Kadrian

ignore, solved it myself.

The embed code results in a player, but I can't get any sound. The tracks are progressing. I just can't hear them.

Hi, Hope someone is still moderating this thread. I embed a code or copy URL into my post, but I only get a 20 sec preview of each song. Is there a way for my blog visitors to listen to the songs without having to leave my blog and log into Spotify? I've seen it on other websites, so I know there's a way. Here's my embed code:

<iframe src="https://open.spotify.com/embed/user/1263113471/playlist/2n3dR6ETyvVU7NoMNpyg9P" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Thanks

This doesn't work for me... When I post it, I only get the link, and once I click on the link, then I can see the playlist. I want to see the playlist immediately. Can you help me?

Hi, I'm getting exactly the same issue, even though I'm a premium user and logged into Spotify at the time I'm embedding code into my Wordpress site. It never used to happen and I can't work out why it is now. Did anyone come back to you on this?

Hi. No, unfortunately, I haven't received a reply with a solution. I've found a couple of blogs that have embedded full Spotify playlists on their sites, so I'm going to reach out to  them and ask if they're willing to share how they accomplished it. My guess is either a plug-in (which I've looked for and can't find,) html or css. If I get an answer, I'll reply back to you. 

Thanks, that would be great. It's really frustrating - my website is all about music, so only being able to play 30 seconds of each track makes the whole thign redundant!

From what I have discovered so far is that if you have Spotify opened on Desktop, then when you click on the play button, it will play in Spotify.  When on Mobile, it will take you to the spotify app.  Unfortunately what i'm deducing is that since Spotify wants users to use their app and platform, they aren't really into having us embed music for anyone without a spotify account to listen.

however, if your user base has spotify accounts, then it's not really an issue.

i did just get this email from Spotify - maybe this helps?

We'd also love to make your listening experience a bit advanced. Try adding widgets to your websites!

WordPress has its own built-in player that you can use to play Spotify tracks, albums, and playlists.

1. In a Spotify player, click the More (…) icon next to the name of an artist, track, album or playlist.
  2. Select Copy Spotify URL (or Copy Artist LinkCopy Track Link, etc.)
  3. Go to your WordPress Dashboard and edit the page where you want to put the link.
  4. Paste in the link.
  5. Click Preview. WordPress will then render its own widget through which you can play music.

If you have installed a WordPress plugin that enables iframe support, you can also use the embed code from the Follow Button or Play Button generator in a WordPress page.

Hi,

All useful stuff, and makes sense, but I AM a Spotify user and I AM logged in when I'm looking at my website and it STILL only plays 30 seconds of each track. I think it must be a code error or incompatible formats, because it never used to do this. I think I'm going to have to take my site down until I can find a way to resolve it - there's little point in having a music site that can't play the music!

THanks for your input. However, I have the Spotify app open on my desktop and on my mobile device. When I embed the playlist on my blog, it still only plays the 30 second audio preview and prompts me to download the Spotify app.

Thanks for sharing the info. This is exactly how I've attempted to embed the playlist. It still doesn't work for me. I've contacted my WP theme developer to see if they can help, as Spotify doesn't think the issue is on their end. I'll keep you posted.

Suggested posts