Discover weekly facebook profile picture issue

Solved!
13 people liked this

Discover weekly facebook profile picture issue

Music Fan
‎2015-08-29 04:23 AM
I need help! That new feature called Discover Weekly used my most recent facebook profile picture to create the custom album cover. However just days after first using this new feature I changed my profile picture on facebook but my Discover Weekly cover stays just the same with the old photo on the cover even after weeks when the songs in the playlist have already changed. This old profile picture shows me and a friend which I just recently got into a fight with - which is why I changed my facebook profile picture in the first place and would like to have this Discover Weekly-cover picture changed as well. I tried to reinstall spotify, log out of my account but nothing helped updating that album cover. This issue occurs no matter what deviceiI use to log in to spotify: phone, ipad, computer. Can anyone help please ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Discover weekly facebook profile picture issue

Music Lover
‎2016-06-24 07:57 PM

~7,5 month later at the begining of June the albumart was updated...

The solution is patience! :)

33 Replies
Highlighted

Rock Star
‎2015-08-29 07:40 PM

Hi there @monakrll and welcome to the community!

The Discover Weekly Photo is something that was created when your first playlist was created. I'm not sure how often it refrheshes, but I can direct you to the support team via Twitter at @SpotifyCares . They can help you out for sure!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Music Fan
‎2015-09-22 09:40 PM

I can't change the cover art from the playlist, i want my new facebook photo, can someone help pls.

Thank you :D

Music Fan
‎2015-09-30 03:21 AM

Same issue here too! :/

2 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2015-12-07 12:47 PM

I removed my profile picture on facebook couple of weeks before. Why hasn't updated the album art yet?

I don't want so see that picture anymore.

2 people liked this

Concert Regular
‎2016-01-21 09:03 AM

Hey there,

Same issue here! Spotify needs to fix this asap x_x Here's what I got from them....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Deb,

Thanks for contacting us. We understand that you want to remove the picture associated with your Discover Weekly. Don't worry, we're here to help.

We always try to improve our customers experience by adding or improving features.

At the moment, there is no way to change the picture on the Discover Weekly playlist, it is a popular request though. You can show your support and stay updated on our community page here.

The only thing you can try is to disconnect from Facebook (you already did), change profile picture and then reconnect to Facebook again. However, it is not guaranteed it will work.

Feel free to let us know if you have any other feedback. It really helps us make the app the best it can be.

Have a nice day,

Alex
Spotify Customer Support

Concert Regular
‎2016-01-22 08:46 PM

a quick update though, they just updated the Discover Weekly photo, by default, it now shows a photo of an astronaut. Good enough for me! :)

1 person liked this

Music Fan
‎2016-03-31 04:11 PM

Mine hasn't updated- do you know how that happened?

1 person liked this

Concert Regular
‎2016-05-21 08:43 PM
I have the same problemthe worst thing is that the photo is of my teacher who died months ago. And I can not change it in any way.

Music Lover
‎2016-06-24 07:57 PM

~7,5 month later at the begining of June the albumart was updated...

The solution is patience! :)

SUGGESTED POSTS