Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover weekly facebook profile picture issue

Solved!

Discover weekly facebook profile picture issue

I need help! That new feature called Discover Weekly used my most recent facebook profile picture to create the custom album cover. However just days after first using this new feature I changed my profile picture on facebook but my Discover Weekly cover stays just the same with the old photo on the cover even after weeks when the songs in the playlist have already changed. This old profile picture shows me and a friend which I just recently got into a fight with - which is why I changed my facebook profile picture in the first place and would like to have this Discover Weekly-cover picture changed as well. I tried to reinstall spotify, log out of my account but nothing helped updating that album cover. This issue occurs no matter what deviceiI use to log in to spotify: phone, ipad, computer. Can anyone help please ?
75 Replies

having the same problem realllly need to change the pictureof disconnected spotify from my facebook logged out uninstalled and back again and still nothing..  there must be a way already 😞

I have the same problem!! I try to ignore this Discover weekly list because of this problem. I have OCD about this issue and I hat the songs on that list because of this problem. Can you just give the people the choice to customized there page and picture.

Same problem Spotify. Please help me fix this. I'm going through a divorce, and it super sucks to have to look at a 9-month old pic of my ex and I. Considering canceling my premium membership because I use Spotify so infrequently now in order to avoid seeing the picture. 

I have the same issue! Please please please fix this Spotify!!

My problem is the same. Please fix this issue! It is really uncomfortable to have to keep seeing a picture of me and my ex together.

yes please. i can't unlink my fb account coz i created it with my fb. so what is the solution for this 

please help

I too am going through a divorce. I've tried everything that was said on this thread. Uninstalling, disconnecting FB and the picture remains of me and my ex. I will be cancelling my subscription.

I have the same problem and i can't find a answer to this problem...

How has Spotify not sorted this out yet? They just don't seem to care about their users. Surely this is a very simple bug to fix.

Please let us change this!! I've been trying for months. I want to be able to move on and I can't. 

same here

How can this be so difficult? I don't use discover weekly playlist and like so many others I want to get rid of the picture.

Spotify come on...Apple Music might be the simple answer!! 

I just get in contact with support. They made me to create a new account and carry everything (songs, followers, lists, premium rights..) to that new account and deleted the old one. They also gifted 6months of free premium too.

https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

I've been waiting a lot longer than 7 months and still no fix!!

Same issue they only gave me 1 month though 😑 still beats having to look at my ex!

I've been having the same problem and tried every fix, nothing worked. Finally I installed the desktop version on a different PC (A PC that I've never used for Spotify), set my profile pic (Discover Weekly pic) on that PC and in about a day I noticed it changed on my other PC as well as my mobile devices!! I know not everyone has mulitple PC's to play around with but give it a shot if you can and post back.

send a DM to @spotifycares on twitter and they can get everything changed over to a new account downside is you have to upgrade to premium again If you have that feature 

Alex or someone

i changed the playlist photo on my computer. But on my smartphone, it sticks with the old photo. 

When can i expect things will synch up or what must I do? For my followers, they see which one?

It is NOT solved at this time.

My Facebook account is disconnected from my Spotify Account, actually I deleted my Facebook as well. I added a profile picture in my Spotify Account today and even after all this changes my Discover Weekly picture still being my old picture from Facebook Account.

Please help me, Support Team!

Suggested posts