Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover weekly facebook profile picture issue

Solved!

Discover weekly facebook profile picture issue

I need help! That new feature called Discover Weekly used my most recent facebook profile picture to create the custom album cover. However just days after first using this new feature I changed my profile picture on facebook but my Discover Weekly cover stays just the same with the old photo on the cover even after weeks when the songs in the playlist have already changed. This old profile picture shows me and a friend which I just recently got into a fight with - which is why I changed my facebook profile picture in the first place and would like to have this Discover Weekly-cover picture changed as well. I tried to reinstall spotify, log out of my account but nothing helped updating that album cover. This issue occurs no matter what deviceiI use to log in to spotify: phone, ipad, computer. Can anyone help please ?
75 Replies

For me its a picture of my ex wich i broke up with in march of 2017🙃

So i think the patience doesnt work

I'm having this problem. I have reported it 3 times and have been told by separate help-chat-people to just wait. The photo I want removed is over a year old now. I respect that you may have got yourself in a design/development pickle, but you must understand the emotional response (unwanted) photos have, and the negative effect this has on the experience of a key feature of your software.

I deleted my Facebook account a long time ago, so I can't update it there, or re-sync accounts or anything.

I wish someone would sort this.

I found if you install Spotify on a different computer (if you have one) updating your pic on the new install. It worked for me and my picture finally updated.

Any updates on this feature? Still hasn't been updated for 2 years despite having installed spotify on a new computer, disconnected the facebook link and updated my profile picture. 

I am still waiting too! My problem is: the picture shows my ex-girlfriend and my current girlfriend does not enjoy it very much. So I am interested in a quick solution! 

Same for me hahahah

I'm having the same issue. I have been trying since last year sometime to have the profile picture of my ex removed but no luck. I have contact support multiple times and followed all the steps and still the same picture. I even created a new facebook account and attached it to my spotify account for over 3 months and it still won't update?? I'm really how difficult is this to fix? Or give us an option to change/update the picture. 

I'm curious. Is this forum also read by the officials or do the users only write to each other here?

Seems to be an hilarious dead end for customers to vent and hope for the best.

So after a chat with 2 different persons at Spotify, I may have a solution. 

It appears that you need to follow the discover weekly list in order for the profile picture to refresh, at the same time the playlist refresh each week. 

If you do not want it to be your Facebook picture and only the default one, you need to stop the synchronization with your Facebook account. Once it refreshes, the picture should become the default one. 

I will try that and see if it works. More news next week, ahah. 

I do not think that is a great solution and clearly, they did not think this through at Spotify. 

Haha wow, is that what they're telling you? Following/waiting is _definitely_ not a fix, and if you don't have Facebook any more, you can't unlink the account.

Yes that is what they said. It's a little hilarious indeed as is their customer service... 

Well, if you do not have facebook anymore I guess Spotify should be automatically unsynchronized and the default picture will pop instead of your old profile one. 

I've sent them the link to this thread and asked them to put an option to delete the picture but I guess they do what they want after that.

How do you "follow" the discoverer weekly playlist? I don't see the option for it?

just click with the right mouse button on the picture. There you can choose the follow option.

ok thanks I'll try it when I get home. I'm assuming you need to do this in the desktop app? The browser version does not give me this option.

Thanks

🤦‍♂️ it's not a fix

...and guess what! It did NOT work .. still have the same Picture even after monday. 

Yeah nothing changed...still have to look at my ex's face!!!!. I'm so tempted to just cancel my account. Such a simple little thing how hard would it be to allow us to update the picture???

I got my picture to change only by installing Spotify on another computer and setting the picture there. Then in less than a day, my original got the updated picture. Did you try that by chance?

How was you able to "set a picture"? We're talking about the profile picture in the "Discover weekly" playlist, not the user profile picture. As far as i know, the "discover weekly" picture will be set automatically. 

Suggested posts