Discovery Weekly, off to great start, now wtf?

Solved!
Highlighted
4 people liked this

Discovery Weekly, off to great start, now wtf?

neurobound
Casual Listener
The first playlist had some interest stuff, definitely felt hand picked and put together based on my listening habits. Last week wasn't quite as solid, but still some great stuff online with what I like. Now today I felt myself asking - did Santa get me mixed up with some other kid? This weeks list is so completely wrong, I don't know where to begin. It's like a completely different genre of music than I enjoy and either this feature is completely spazing out this week and the algorithm is broken, or this is Spotify's cruel way of trying to expand my musical horizons. Can any dev please take a look? Why did I get strange playlist that no one in their right mind would make for someone with my musical preferences.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 3 people liked this

Re: Discovery Weekly, off to great start, now **bleep**?

Altrus
Casual Listener

the curse of the nordic songs is back.

i finally forgot about following weekly discovery list, and changed to Radar newsongs list, but after a while without problems im getting each week 1 extra nordic song each week!  i think spotify its trolling me.

i dont listen that kind of music!

at least we need a ban-ignore button-option for song i dont want to hear in these lists 

12 Replies
2 people liked this

Re: Discovery Weekly, off to great start, now wtf?

Daan00094
Regular

Me too, the first week has too such good stuffs. Now it' sugests some trash genres that I don't like and never listened and I'll never listen.

Suggestion to the Devs, Do a kind of star rate in the musics, so we can rate and the code can do a kind of rank and suggests better musics.

Really, this genres that I don't like it's really killing me and even embarasing me.

Sorry the bad English, thanks everyone

2 people liked this

D34DW0lV3
Roadie

Ok, I'm going to tell you what i realized about a month ago, The discover section isn't really all that useful except for when it comes to the "NEW RELEASES FOR YOU" Section, That part is just.. wow....

Here's my solution to this annoyance.

First, Make a playlist of your absolute favorite artists/songs under as many genres as you can think of.

Second, Sort the playlist aplhabetically by artist.

Third, Click on the first artist in the list and then from their profile click on "RELATED ARTISTS"

Four, Enjoy, You just found 20 or so related artists.

Five, Rinse and repeat until you get bored.

You could also search the playlist section of the forums and find someone whom you think has impeccable taste and then raid their playlists for new artists, Just don't outright copy their playlists, Check each artist out and find what you like best, You'll hear more music and your tastes develop quite fast !!! 

Also, If you find an artist with even one song you enjoy then follow them, If they can do that for you once then clearly they have the chance of making more music that you'll like, Plus its fun to say "i have a catalog of 1060 artists" which i do :p 

3000 artist follows as of 1/7/2018.
Follow me

Picking Up Where i Left Off.

-Crushd
1 person liked this

Daan00094
Regular

Good ideia, but my problem is the genres, The weekly playlist offer me GENRES THAT I REALLY REALLY HATE, sorry the bold, I'm embarassed. Better Spotify fix this soon

1 person liked this

user-removed
Not applicable

How you can suggest electro house for Hands Up Techno music listener?!?

When someones listen house-electro, I bring bass back, TECHNO TECHNO!

It is really useless list, only first list was really ideal - all songs good. Now don't even worth to look - most of tracks garbage. Don't you know Spotify what I'm listening to hours in every day?

1 person liked this

Daan00094
Regular

Same to me, I listen to Electo, Rock, Metal, sometimes Blues. But I never listened to "Brazilian Funk (carioca)" and "Sertanejo", and this genres keep showing in my weekly list. I REALY HATE this genres.

2 people liked this

Altrus
Casual Listener

i always get 3-6 songs of swedish rap music, wtf! i never ever listened to that kind of music. i have some rap songs on my list, but always classics and usa-uk.   the closest i remember its a hardcore metal swedish grp (singing in english)

the combination of those 2 results in weird swedish rap??

1 person liked this

Daan00094
Regular

Same to me, offering genres I never listened to. Where is the Admin to check this ?

BigIslandBuddy

I completely agree, I LOVED DW for the longest time, until, last week, now for some reason ALL my songs are of a different language, fomr aribic to spanish, this is UNACCEPTABLE.  I live in America, Speak ONLY ENGLISH (Sorry folks, but I speak ONLY my Native tongue, and unwilling to learn others while living in USA.) but now I can't listen to } DW anymore because I get offended that my list has changed to this.  I'm seriously considering after several years on Spotify, I may have to change.  I am up for renewal and was going to upgrade to family, but now I"m not so sure i'm even going to renew my subscription.

How do I chaange this back?

BigIslandBuddy

Re: Discovery Weekly, off to great start, now **bleep**?

Altrus
Casual Listener

after close to a year, i keep getting swedish or nordic music all the time...

last week i checked and i got a "normal" playlist, but now this week its back to his usual nordic music that i never liked!

i think it just checks last week discovery list and gets in an infinite loop of  music that you not even like, but you got last week, so this week you got it and more...

absurd, a nice concept that got me some really got lists got broken to easy too fast by this. and after all this time, with no expectations of being fixed.

i would ask for a reset of my discovery list, and try to not even listen to anything that resembles a nordic band, vocals, or even anything similar to those parts!

(nothing agaist nordic music if you like it, but i dont want to heard swedish or whatever)

SUGGESTED POSTS