Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading Full Albums To Computer

Solved!

Downloading Full Albums To Computer

I can download albums on my cell, but cannot find out how to do it on my computer.  My son in-law explained it to me, but I do not see how to do mit on the latest player.  Could someone please explain this to me?

Spotify.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi

The way I do this is to go to the album or playlist and then slide the button in the top right hand corner. Once its been dowmloaded, Go to File and click on "offline mode".

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi, have you tried clicking on the "More" Circle (the one with 3 dots in it)  or alternatively right clicking on the album cover and then

going to "Add To Playlist" ➜ "New Playlist" .. and from there just rename this  New Playlist  as the Album!!!

It's essentially a Playlist, but with the album tracks on it that you want, and Playlists are always downloadable. Also you can always copy/paste the relevant album art cover from the album onto it if you wish.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi

The way I do this is to go to the album or playlist and then slide the button in the top right hand corner. Once its been dowmloaded, Go to File and click on "offline mode".

Thanks spiritofradio!  I followed your advice and everything is working fine now!  Actually, thanks to both of you.  Now I have tons of music to listen to offline now.

i don't see any button to slide here in the corner of the screen to download the album.

ghow do you downlod an album on the pc spotify app?

Screenshot (1).png

hi there im having the same problem downloading albums to my pc

but i have not upgraded i don't want to upgrade can i still have acess to download?

Marked as solution

Hi, have you tried clicking on the "More" Circle (the one with 3 dots in it)  or alternatively right clicking on the album cover and then

going to "Add To Playlist" ➜ "New Playlist" .. and from there just rename this  New Playlist  as the Album!!!

It's essentially a Playlist, but with the album tracks on it that you want, and Playlists are always downloadable. Also you can always copy/paste the relevant album art cover from the album onto it if you wish.

Good news!

A new desktop app update with a new design is currently rolling out to all users. One of the new features is the ability to download albums and podcasts just like you can in the mobile app.

You can read more info about the new desktop app in this news article:

Introducing a New Spotify Experience Across Desktop App and Web Player 

The desktop team also has a blog post in the community about it:

The New Desktop App

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts