Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Explicit adverts

Explicit adverts

Is there any way to stop Spotify playing foul-mouthed adverts? I accept they make their money through adverts but I do not wish to listen to some advert using the phrase motherf***** numerous times... I shall be leaving the service if this continues.

24 Replies

I am under 18 and receiving explicit ads. My Spotify is linked to my Facebook, which has my correct age. I don't think it's appropiate for me to be receiving these sorts of ads. There should be an option for people to select to receive non-explicit advertisements. 

Whatta load of BS. I just checked and my age is set to be under 18 years, but I still keep on hearing explicit ads. You guys really need to check your settings.

Has this ever been addressed properly? All the posts related seem quite old and it is disgusting. I have my toddler with me all the time the repeating ads full of foul language is beyond disgusting. Obviously this is not a genre I would ever listen to so if the app is smart enough to give me suggestions for new music why the **bleep** is this person paying for their ad to be listened to by someone that runs to turn the stereo off?

The option also stands to stop using this service altogether and use something else.

I'm not a prude but agree that I don't want my 8 year old son hearing condom ads. There are also plenty of religious communities that don't want this kind of ads. To be honest, it would increase user enjoyment AND ad effectiveness if they had a simple option to avoid non-explict ads. There doesn't seem to be that option and there are plenty of other music streaming services around so I'll just go elsewhere.  

Still as of 2023 unsolved. My children have the pleasure of listening to an advert. With the word **bleep** in it every couple of breaks. I'm disgusted with this. Our songs are appropriately chosen, and while I despise also hearing this word pop up between my romantic and otherwise younger ear friendly tunes, it's appalling that it's being played in an ad. Joe Rogan wasn't supposed to use it. Podcasts were removed by spotify over it, but let's put it in a song ad and play the ad ad nauseum 

Suggested posts