Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google home keeps stopping to buffer

Solved!

Google home keeps stopping to buffer

Hi, I just recently got a Google Home and I can't seem to get a consistent stream when playing spotify through the device. Spotify works flawlessly when I play through a device on the same network. Is there a way I can change the streaming bitrate for Google Home in order to get a smooth playback?

122 Replies

What kind of router do you have? It may be a different setting that is enabled that may be causing you grief. For instance I've been trying to troubleshoot wifi calling problems going through my router and when enabling a setting that is supposed to help it, my issues with the buffering returned with Spotify. Disabled it like it was from factory and no further problems with Spotify buffering but still having issues with my wifi calling so I'm still troubleshooting. So that is why I'm saying it can be another setting that can cause an issue.

@Spotify, is this issue related to Spotify or to Google Home Mini? What needs to be done to solve it?

I contacted Spotify support directly to ask for some help, and reminding them that this thread exists.

They told me to do some stuff, which seem totally irrelevant in my situation (at least from my knowledge of how Google Home works with Spotify). To be honest, i was convinced they were just trying to bore me with useless answers until i was too frustrated to continue to investigate.

But what they recommanded me actually seems to be working. I've done it a few days back (maybe 2 weeks) and haven't had any issue since then.

What they told me to do was :

- Reset all the offline devices here : https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/

- Uninstall spotify from all these devices, then install i again (offline playlists will have to be synced again).

Yes this has nothing to do with the Google Home. But it worked for me from what i can tell.

I hope it can help some of you guys.

Suggested posts