Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Have premium membership, how do I download music?

Solved!

Have premium membership, how do I download music?

Hello everyone,

New to Spotify and just paid for my premium membership. Could someone tell me how I can download music to my PC?

Thanks!

129 Replies

I can easily download my playlists, however i cannot offline play the songs I've added to my main song Library on my pc. i was able to do so before, but the latest update does not allow me. how do I not only offline play playlists, but also my saved music?

But is there anyway for me to download all my tracks on my pc without adding every singe track to a playlist? And i have a premium account.

I still get confused. I undertand that spotify is a streaming service but if you can play tracks off line(with premium), when you have no internet connection, where do the songs play from? Are they not at that point on your pc or phone?

If they in fact they are at that point on your pc or phone and you drive to the country and have no internet connection, and at the same time your premium subscription fails(while you are in a place with no internet), how does Spotify stop you accessing the music that is 'available offline?' Surely that means Spotify has to, in some way, be able to access your PC or phone? Which it couldn't do if at that point there is no internet connection?

I also just became a new 30 day free-premium member and the whole reason that I agreed to this was with the goal of dowloading music to my computer and then to my flashdrive so I can loaded on to my DJ laptop.   So just to clarify...you are saying that I can only listen to the music on my computor (offline) and not put on any other device ? I have created a playlist but can't find a way on the Spotify app to load it up into my flashdrice ! Please explain !!!

How do i know if my spotify songs in pc is downloaded? I dont want to stream and consume my data.. thank you

Why cant I have the "Songs" tab in my libary downloaded!?!?! I have to create a whole playlist with all songs then download it. and add all the new songs to that playlist just to keep them avaiable offline. Going to switch to a different service if this is not fixed soon

Hi. I cannot download music eventhough i turn on already the "download using cellular" because im using cellular data to download the songs. But still its not downloading. What do i need to do?

I have a premium membership through spark that came as part of my mobile phone deal. But I don't see a play offline option to play my playlists and am concerned that I will be using all of my data while listening to music. Is the play offline not available to me, or once it is part of my playlist does it automatically become available offline?

this answer did not help at all, there is no download button on pc like there is on a phone so how do I download the music on spotify for windows

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

You'll find the most updated steps on how to download your music for offline listening on your desktop in this support article.

Hope that helps!

Suggested posts