Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I find artists I'm following?

Solved!

How do I find artists I'm following?

So I find artists I like and I follow them, but how do I then find a list of all the artists I'm following to select one to listen to? I'm obviously being a bit dense. I can only see playlists on the left, but not people I'm following

Thanks in advance!

Jackie

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We've moved this thread to the relevant Help Board so it's easier to find for users with a similar question.

If you're looking for all the Artists you're FOLLOWING, there are currently two ways of finding them:

1. In Your Library
  2. On your profile page:
  • On the desktop app, click your name in the top-right corner.

• On mobile and tablet, tap Home icon_home.png, then Settings icon_settings.png, then View Profile.

For more info on how Your Library is organized we suggest checking out this Support article.

Hope this helps. Give us a shout if you have any other questions.

Happy listening 🎶

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

92 Replies

Hey 🙂 

If you click on your name in the top right corner of the client and select "Profile" and then click on "Following" at the top of your profile that will give you the list of artists and people you follow 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

yeah, it's like super easy to access .... really don't get it, why it's so hidden 😕

What about for mobile?
Very frustrating that there isnt just a tab in the menu... Come on!

Unforunately this shows artist mixed in with friends that you follow... horribly disorganized.

I'm not aware of any way to view all of the aritsts you follow on mobile (using my iPhone). 

In the new collection feature which is currently in beta though, you can add artists to your collection and then view a list of all of the artists so maybe that will be what you are looking for!? 

If you want to get involved in the beta, go here 😉 

Peter

Peter

Why did these guys make it so hard to find this? After bugging me again and again to start following the artists I like - now they obfuscate the list as much as possible. Bad design. 

@michealbach Thanks for the feedback, I'll be sure to pass it on.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

That they don't have the ability to intuitively see who you're following is a MASSIVE mistake.  it's not intuitive to click your icon, then your own profile.  Spotify, please make a drop down menu that says, "Following" and has the options for friends and artists.

Simple addition.  Fix this.

It actually used to be in the Follow tab in the desktop client, but I think it was removed due to low engagement with the feature. 

Peter

That's interesting because that's how I find the music I want to listen to, but the artists I'm following.  I don't use playlists for that, and there's nothing else I can think of that's like looking through a cd rack of artist names.

Lol, and to think i am paying for this service, and they can't offer something as simple as a "following" tab.

You can view a list of everything you follow by going to your own Profile (from your name in the top right of the desktop client) then clicking on "Following" at the top of your profile page. 

Peter

That's not intuitive.  If I have to come here to find out how to do something, there's something wrong with the application interface design.  Applications should have an intuitive interface.  I'm a professional UI designer, I know what I'm talking about.  Spotify failed in that area.  I commented on this thread hoping they do something about it.

Going to your personal profile isn't intuitive when you want to see who you're following when all over tasks they've got setup in the menu system.  I'm guessing many people think that profile is for updating things about yourself.

They could add an section to 'playback' titled 'artists' and another for 'playlists'  Having those under that menu makes sense.  I usually don't look at friends to see what they're listening to because my taste in music differs from my friends.

They could also add a section / form for suggestions so I can easily get to the suggestions spotify has for me.  Again, something that should be under playback.  Alternately, they could put these under "view" too, or create a new dropdown.

Making a better program requires feedback from its users.  Hopefully someone from Spotify reads this, and does something about it.

There is actually a whole section to post in to suggest changes to the service. Just head over to the Ideas Exchange:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/idb-p/ideaexchange

Peter

I agree. Why give the option to follow my fav artists if I can't have:

• my fav artists' news in the Discovery section
  • a section where I can view all artists I follow
  • a section on my mobile device
  • my fav'ed artists as default when I create a radio station

Follow is making its way onto mobile devices, if you have the new "Me" tab on iOS you should be able to see the list of people you follow.

Peter

Hey Peter
I'm running iOS 7.0.2 on my ipad mini
Spotify is up to date
Do I need to update my iOS for that to display?

No, a minor OS version doesn't make a difference.

I think the option simply isn't there.

No, the "Me" tab is currently only rolled out to a proportion of mobile users (as all new features on Spotify roll out in a phased fashion).

Unfortunately if you don't have it yet, there isn't anything you can do other than wait for it to be activated on your account.

Peter

Suggested posts