Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I find artists I'm following?

Solved!

How do I find artists I'm following?

So I find artists I like and I follow them, but how do I then find a list of all the artists I'm following to select one to listen to? I'm obviously being a bit dense. I can only see playlists on the left, but not people I'm following

Thanks in advance!

Jackie

92 Replies

Can someone please file this as a bug in the bug forum? That's what it is. By any design that could possibly exist, all the artists you're following would be under 'artist' in your library, not just a random selection of them, apparently claiming to be all of them but absolutely not being all of them.

I can't find any bug thread relating to this and it's certainly a bug (and not a small one). Cheers

@Synchronated - I can confirm this is an open issue raised via the Rock Star channel so it has been reported. There is no bugs topic for it due to the small number of reports we have seen on the community. If the number of reports increases, I will off course create a bugs topic for it. 🙂

There is annoyingly two separate issues being discussed here, one with Your Music and one with the following pages, both of which do appear to be broken but are most likely unrelated.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This is bothering me as well, and I'm probably going to quit my subsription as a result.  I'd like spotify to take over for my music collection, but if i can't see any of the artists I've discovered at any given time without having to search through a million things, it's not worth my money every month,

So, how's the solution for iPad, where can I see the artists I'm following?

@Roger2807 - You still can't as far as I know unfortunately.

Peter

It's astonishingly hard to find just about everything on this app. 

Ok when I go to my profile and click on who I'm following it will not let me see all of them. It only shows the first 20-30 or so when I'm following over 400 artists and would like to see them all because I can't exactly remeber all 470+ of them at hand. It would be much easier if there could be a full list of them when I click on "Following" so I can have access to everyone I'm following and can just look through them and find artists when I want to. 

Annoyingly the Profile > Following list will only show you 100 results which Spotify have confirmed is not a bug (not sure about the reasoning behind that though).

Your Music > Artists *should* show you all of the artists you follow but it appears to be stuck at 300 at the minute too which is an open bug.

Peter

Are the devs really that incompetent? What the heck is the point of the follow function then? I was considering subscribing, but then I found out that I can't click on a tab and it shows my followed artists. This complaint was brought up over a year ago and you still haven't fixed it. Absolutely pathetic.

As I understand it, to follow an artist only means that you are notified if he releases something new on Spotify, and that's it. I also hoped for something more than that, e.g. influencing my recommendations in Discover, but it doesn't.

I've asked for more information about both limits, will let you know what they say.

Peter

I agree. I'm a digital designer with years of professional experience, and this is not intuitive, lacking alignment with best practices. Your "Follow" tab to the left needs to behave similarly to the other tabs. It needs to give you the ability to access your own list AND the ability to discover new folks. Think of it similarly to your "Radio" tab: once a user clicks, they see their chosen stations module, but there are additional secondary modules with recommended stations.

When I click my name, then Profile, it says Following(196), but when I click the Following tab, only 3 artists are listed - there used to be a whole bunch - like all of them - what happened to them?  Why are they not listed?

@ilacatd 

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and see what the problem is

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

So, it's been 2 years since the start of this thread and still there is no easy way implemented to find your following artists. And there is no way to do it at all on the mobile and PS4 versions of Spotify. You guys are really terrible. How can I subscribe to something that is so hard to use and gets even worse whit every update ( (cough) the removal of the minimze to try option (cought))...  

Hey guys not sure if anyone has answered this in completion. 

Spotify app on Windows PC

In the top right hand side you will see a picture of yourself or any associated picture you choose for your acct., along with your name. Click on your name. This takes you to your profile, here you will see five tabs. The fourth tab to the right is called FOLLOWING. Select that and you will see all the bands that your following. 

Apple iPone Sportify app (IOS)

while anywhere in the app click on the three parallel dashes, the menu option in the top left corner of the app. You will see the options, Search, Browse, Running, Activity, Radio and Your Music; there you will see at the bottom left corner of the app your account photo and your name. Click on your name, this will take you to your profile in the app. There you will see three tabs (Playlists, Followers and Following), Following will be the third tab to the right. Select and enjoy. 

PS3 & PS4

Currently, due to the terribly limited Spotify app, which resembles Windows 8 Tiles, there is no way to access your profile. The logical way of selecting your name and Picture leads to two options, Log Out and Show Licenses. I'm paying you monthly why do I give a crap about licenses. 

Hope this helps, hopefully Spotify makes some improvements to the UI on all apps, love it, but seriously hope somebody is listening. 

Hi hchawdhry

This helped because it made me look again at the same menus!

A few months ago these menus would not display all your followed artists. Just a small selection of them (~100).

Now it looks like they fixed it and it seems to show all of them.

BTW on Spotify app they also simply appear under 'Artists', and this is sorted A-Z unlike the 'Following' list, which is all over the place and unsortable.

Actually scratch that - it still doesn't show them all in the Artist view. It shows more of them than before, but not all of them.

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing the same problem here ...

A bug that that has not been solved for many years (quite annoying and easy to solve) is not a bug ... it's a FEATURE !

What better way to lock users to spotify than hidding them the list of the artists they like ... no backup possible, no migration possible.

Maybe if we make enougth noise, there will be change.

Any way don't count on spotify to save the list of artist you like ...

Maybe someone with enougth time and motivation can try to get some fix with the web API ...

https://developer.spotify.com/web-api/get-followed-artists/

Don't know

Suggested posts