How do I find artists I'm following?

Solved!

Re: How do I find artists I'm following?

Hellcat5
Casual Listener

That's interesting because that's how I find the music I want to listen to, but the artists I'm following.  I don't use playlists for that, and there's nothing else I can think of that's like looking through a cd rack of artist names.

4 people liked this

icipher
Regular

Lol, and to think i am paying for this service, and they can't offer something as simple as a "following" tab.

3 people liked this

Peter__
Community Legend

You can view a list of everything you follow by going to your own Profile (from your name in the top right of the desktop client) then clicking on "Following" at the top of your profile page. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

9 people liked this

Hellcat5
Casual Listener

That's not intuitive.  If I have to come here to find out how to do something, there's something wrong with the application interface design.  Applications should have an intuitive interface.  I'm a professional UI designer, I know what I'm talking about.  Spotify failed in that area.  I commented on this thread hoping they do something about it.

Going to your personal profile isn't intuitive when you want to see who you're following when all over tasks they've got setup in the menu system.  I'm guessing many people think that profile is for updating things about yourself.

They could add an section to 'playback' titled 'artists' and another for 'playlists'  Having those under that menu makes sense.  I usually don't look at friends to see what they're listening to because my taste in music differs from my friends.

They could also add a section / form for suggestions so I can easily get to the suggestions spotify has for me.  Again, something that should be under playback.  Alternately, they could put these under "view" too, or create a new dropdown.

Making a better program requires feedback from its users.  Hopefully someone from Spotify reads this, and does something about it.

1 person liked this

Peter__
Community Legend
There is actually a whole section to post in to suggest changes to the service. Just head over to the Ideas Exchange:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/idb-p/ideaexchange

Peter

4 people liked this

DesignByAdrian
Music Fan

I agree. Why give the option to follow my fav artists if I can't have:

• my fav artists' news in the Discovery section
  • a section where I can view all artists I follow
  • a section on my mobile device
  • my fav'ed artists as default when I create a radio station

Peter__
Community Legend
Follow is making its way onto mobile devices, if you have the new "Me" tab on iOS you should be able to see the list of people you follow.

Peter

NickGub
Hey Peter
I'm running iOS 7.0.2 on my ipad mini
Spotify is up to date
Do I need to update my iOS for that to display?

DesignByAdrian
Music Fan
No, a minor OS version doesn't make a difference.

I think the option simply isn't there.

Peter__
Community Legend
No, the "Me" tab is currently only rolled out to a proportion of mobile users (as all new features on Spotify roll out in a phased fashion).

Unfortunately if you don't have it yet, there isn't anything you can do other than wait for it to be activated on your account.

Peter

SUGGESTED POSTS