How to get help and help others on the Spotify Community!

32 people liked this

How to get help and help others on the Spotify Community!

Liam
Community Legend

So I thought I would make this informal, light-hearted post about how to help other and get help on the community :)

A Community is About Mutual Relations

This means that people help you, so that you help them. You share your newly gained knowledge, so others can benefit. You get help, and then you help others by replying to their topics.

It Always Pays to be Polite

People will want to help you more if you are polite, with no swearing or hate speech. We all get annoyed from time to time, and some get annoyed more than others. We understand that the product you're paying for isn't working, but screaming, shouting and swearing about it won't help. Be polite, and help will come.

Always Pack as Much Information in as Possible

Often I am trying to help others, and there is just not enough info posted for me to help them well. This slows down the support they can get, which makes them further annoyed. To solve this issue post as much info as you possibly can:

• Any error messages
  • A description of what is happening
  • What have you tried to do to fix it
  • What happened when you tried to fix it
  • Oh, a screenshot always helps ;)

Don't Post Personal Info

Almost every day I have to report a post for containing an email address, telephone number and sometimes even the users home address. Apart from being against the community guidelines, this is rather stupid. These forums are public, and any person, bot, stalker or alien entity can see it. So just don't post them - it would save everyone's time ;)

Payment Issue? Don't come to us ;)

Payment issues cannot be dealt with on the community, unfortunately, as we don't have access to your Spotify account or details. You should use the Support Form to contact the customer services team, and they will get back to you (eventually).

Post in the correct section!

I am forever moving posts over to the correct sections. Please - post in the correct section to begin with. If you need help, post in the help forums, and post in the relevant help forum. You will get a quicker response if you post in the right section ;)

Post in the Correct Thread

Most common issues already have a thread, but people don't seem to be able to see them. If you have deleted a playlist post in the deleted playlist thread!

Make Sure you Accept a Solution!

I don't really like having to accept a solution for others, as I don't know for sure whether or not it was actually the solution, but the OP of the thread doesn't do it - so who is?

Give Kudos!

Kudos is like a pat on the back. Everyone gets a nice feeling when they gain a kudo. Please kudo regularly - they cost nothing and mean everything ;)

I think that's it...

If I have forgotten anything don't be afraid to send me a private message about it!

104 Replies
3 people liked this

Re: How to get help and help others on the Spotify Community!

cluelessjoe
Casual Listener

I WANT TO KNOW IF I PAY FOR THE 10 DOLLAR SERVICE, CAN I DOWNLOAD MY PALYLISTS ..I HAVE OVER 11,000 SONGS ALMOST 11,500 SONGS .. WILL MY LAP TOP CRASH AFTER I DOWNLOAD THEM FOR PLAY OFFLINE ..I DO HAVE A BACKUP DISK ..... THANK U SO VERY MUCH ..I DIG SPOTIFY .. I AM NOT INTO LOSING ALL MY SONGS OR HAVING MY LAP TOP CRASH .. THANKS   CLUELESSJOE !!

13 people liked this

Peter__
Community Legend

cluelessjoe wrote:

I WANT TO KNOW IF I PAY FOR THE 10 DOLLAR SERVICE, CAN I DOWNLOAD MY PALYLISTS ..I HAVE OVER 11,000 SONGS ALMOST 11,500 SONGS .. WILL MY LAP TOP CRASH AFTER I DOWNLOAD THEM FOR PLAY OFFLINE ..I DO HAVE A BACKUP DISK ..... THANK U SO VERY MUCH ..I DIG SPOTIFY .. I AM NOT INTO LOSING ALL MY SONGS OR HAVING MY LAP TOP CRASH .. THANKS   CLUELESSJOE !!

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

If you have 11,000 songs in a Spotify playlist (not as local files you own) you won't be able to mark them all to be available offline, since Spotify limits each device to 3,333 offline stored tracks due to licensing restrictions. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

1 person liked this

Roselee
Regular

Thanks for the tips :)

1 person liked this

Amina_101adam
Regular
HELP ! When my 48 hour trial finishes will my account automatically delete or will it go Straight to the premium account because I want it to delete
2 people liked this

Roselee
Regular
3 people liked this

Peter__
Community Legend

Amina_101adam wrote:
HELP ! When my 48 hour trial finishes will my account automatically delete or will it go Straight to the premium account because I want it to delete

After your 48 hour free trial your account will revert to Spotify free and you won't be charged (unless you signed up for the extended 30 day free trial or premium). If you want to delete your account, see this topic.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

1 person liked this

Amina_101adam
Regular
Thank you soo much
1 person liked this

Amina_101adam
Regular
This helped me thanks
2 people liked this

Amina_101adam
Regular
Hiya I want to deleat my account please help me
SUGGESTED POSTS