How to get help and help others on the Spotify Community!

Re: How to get help and help others on the Spotify Community!

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey there.

Welcome to the community of Spotify.

Enjoy your life with Spotify (and movies with Netflix) :D

LILROSEFIRE
Regular
Hi, I love Spotify and music
LIL ROSE FIRE

Peter__
Community Legend
@LILROSEFIRE - So do we! :D

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

midlifecrisis
Casual Listener

Hi anyone who can help me.

I've joined Spotify following a recommendation from my future son-in-law as a means to an end which I'll try and explain.

I've a serious collection of cassette tapes, some of which date back to the 1970's, which I'd like to transfer to my laptop and subsequently to a USB stick, so I can play them in my car. I appreciate there are various systems that will enable you to do this, but he seems to think that it might be easier for me to simply download what I can find from here, rather than going through the onerous task I've mentioned.

My questions are threefold really.

1. Do I need to subscribe to a paid Spotify service to download?

2. I haven't a clue how to go about configuring things, although am quite capable of working it out with guidance. Any advice on this front would be much appreciated. Not a total technophobe, but of a slightly older generation and would appreciate a little tolerance along with sensible advice please.

3. Would I be better just purchasing a 'tape to pc' type system, downloading the software and doing it that way?

Sorry for perhaps coming across as a little slow off the mark, but as I say I'm no 'yoof' and would be grateful if someone with a little patience could help me out

Very many thanks,

Paul

1 person liked this

Peter__
Community Legend

@midlifecrisis - You can't "download" any Spotify content to a USB stick even with Spotify Premium. With Spotify Premium, you can download playlists into offline mode, but they still must be played back through a Spotify app on a supported device, such as the iPod Touch I use in my car. If you don't have such a device, it might be cheaper to buy the converter rather than a new device! 

Peter

midlifecrisis
Casual Listener

Very many thanks Peter - there's always a catch of sorts isn't there? Despite the length of time I suspect it's going to take me, I'll go for the converter option, but am grateful for your help.

Best wishes and thanks.

bdog

When the new update for the black screen came out, I lost the ability to find my library button. I am only able to see individual mp3's on the left hand side. Please help.

Joe
Community Legend

The old library was replaced by Your Music. Check out this FAQ here.

Peter__
Community Legend
As a cheat way to get similar functionality back if you want. Make a new playlist folder (File > New Playlist Folder) in the desktop client, then drag and drop all of your playlists into it. The folder view then acts like the old library tab.

Peter

TaraPonitz

If you'd like to delete it, we'll be sorry to lose you. Just get in touch with Customer Support. Head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'.

SUGGESTED POSTS