How to get help and help others on the Spotify Community!

1 person liked this

Re: How to get help and help others on the Spotify Community!

Teena_Reid
Music Fan

Thanks for this, tells me everything I need to know :)

TwitterYouTube

If you like my post, give me some kudos!
If I solved your problem, click "accept as solution".

Mclashlan1979
Roadie

Hey =)

To whom do i turn to or where do I go if I have questions why a certain song or a bands latest album isn't on Spotify. For instance, there's a band called Bad veins that released an album titled "The mess we've made", in  April 2012. I'm pretty sure I've seen it on spotify before but for mysterious reasons it's not there any more. I really liked their music :)

Do you have any suggestions or plausable explenations to this fantastic bands unfortunate abscense on spotify? :S

Restrictions in my country? (Sweden), or maybe an ongoing legal procedure with record company?, or perhaps they changed bandname.. there are no leads in the history/biography :/

anyways, I recommend listen to them on youtube. "don't run" is in my humble opinion a smash hit :D

thanks for reading my post.

Have a nice day,

sincerely,

/Peter aka brothaz2 (Mclashlan1979)

EDITED (2015-02-18 09:52)

Hmm you can delete this post i guess, I found your form in the "Music content FAQ's"-thread. Perhaps you can dig into the matter. I am a follower of the group Bad veins so when/if the album is available i should get a notification. cheers =)

EDITED (2015-02-18 10:09)

Sorry, but I found this page http://badveins.com/

It says something about the album being "Remade". No idea why though. And supposedly the release is set March, 17. oh well - looking forward to that then :D

If you have any information about topic please contact me. Otherwise case closed haha.

Javiercometa
Casual Listener

Hello every body:

I'm a free user and I want to ask you if I become a Premium user can I use Spotify as a regular player for my own music files as iTunes. If that is the case, that means that I can hear remotely my songs, I mean the songs I have in my hard drive in any other computer with Spotify? in my job, in a friend's house, in my cell, etc?

Maybe my question is so silly but thank you in advance

J

1 person liked this

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@Javiercometa 

Yes, you can. You'll have to sync them each device because Spotify doesn't store them online in a cloud server:

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-to-local-files

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Javiercometa
Casual Listener

Thank you!!

Mickburke999
I have over 1500 songs on one playlist but only get to hear a fraction of my tunes. Can I break this playlist down into smaller lists? Also the ability to list tracks alphabetically would be helpful as would removing duplicates without going through the whole playlist. Cheers Mick

Chris_Miller

I want to know, how to create a post. please help

send me a private message if you can help.

@Liam wrote:

So I thought I would make this informal, light-hearted post about how to help other and get help on the community :)

A Community is About Mutual Relations

@Liam wrote:

So I thought I would make this informal, light-hearted post about how to help other and get help on the community :)

A Community is About Mutual Relations

This means that people help you, so that you help them. You share your newly gained knowledge, so others can benefit. You get help, and then you help others by replying to their topics.

It Always Pays to be Polite

People will want to help you more if you are polite, with no swearing or hate speech. We all get annoyed from time to time, and some get annoyed more than others. We understand that the product you're paying for isn't working, but screaming, shouting and swearing about it won't help. Be polite, and help will come.

Always Pack as Much Information in as Possible

Often I am trying to help others, and there is just not enough info posted for me to help them well. This slows down the support they can get, which makes them further annoyed. To solve this issue post as much info as you possibly can:

• Any error messages
  • A description of what is happening
  • What have you tried to do to fix it
  • What happened when you tried to fix it
  • Oh, a screenshot always helps ;)

Don't Post Personal Info

Almost every day I have to report a post for containing an email address, telephone number and sometimes even the users home address. Apart from being against the community guidelines, this is rather stupid. These forums are public, and any person, bot, stalker or alien entity can see it. So just don't post them - it would save everyone's time ;)

Payment Issue? Don't come to us ;)

Payment issues cannot be dealt with on the community, unfortunately, as we don't have access to your Spotify account or details. You should use the Support Form to contact the customer services team, and they will get back to you (eventually).

Post in the correct section!

I am forever moving posts over to the correct sections. Please - post in the correct section to begin with. If you need help, post in the help forums, and post in the relevant help forum. You will get a quicker response if you post in the right section ;)

Post in the Correct Thread

Most common issues already have a thread, but people don't seem to be able to see them. If you have deleted a playlist post in the deleted playlist thread!

Make Sure you Accept a Solution!

I don't really like having to accept a solution for others, as I don't know for sure whether or not it was actually the solution, but the OP of the thread doesn't do it - so who is?

Give Kudos!

Kudos is like a pat on the back. Everyone gets a nice feeling when they gain a kudo. Please kudo regularly - they cost nothing and mean everything ;)

I think that's it...

If I have forgotten anything don't be afraid to send me a private message about it!

mellowyellow99

Hi; I've used Spotify successfully for over a year.  I have just changes computers and installed it on the new one.  Now the sound is skipping every so often.  Is this a problem others have encountered?  If so does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

antum-ra

no it wil revert to spotify basic with the adds well thats what happend to me before i got it with my mobile contract and upgraded again

cluelessjoe
Casual Listener
u need to have a customer service line .. u guys suck .. i cant go on my
spotify at all ... and u cant seem to help me ... with all the competition
soon u will go under ... mark my word !!

SUGGESTED POSTS