Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Identify the playlist that's currently playing

Solved!

Identify the playlist that's currently playing

I love Spotify and I use it all the time. Every now and then it frustrates me with some glaring omission, though.

I found a great playlist in the new Discover feed, and I'm listening to it right now. Trouble is, I restarted Spotify, and now I can't see what playlist it is. There's no "current playlist" or "now playing" button, and the back button was reset when I restarted. So all these great songs are playing, but if I listen to anything else, I'll never find this playlist again.

Am I missing something obvious? How do I identify the playlist that's currently playing?

Thanks.

57 Replies

@FyxtRPG wrote:

I can get to the playlist but I can not get to the specific song that is playing. I am using the windows client. Clicking the album art just makes it big or small. Right click does not have an option anymore to go to the song. Now, I have to manually scroll through hundreds of entries to try to find it. It is awful.

@FyxtRPG , I appologize for not being clear. When you hover over the album artwork, the top right corner will have a button that resizes it. If you click elsewhere, such as the bottom left corner, it will open the playlist at the spot the song is located and highlight the specific song. I am still in version 0.9.x in the Windows client, but it should still work in the latest one.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

worked for me.  thanks!     wow it is a huge UI screwup, on an otherwise reasonable interface.   FIX THIS SPOTIFY!    but thanks for the solution now.

It seems they have fixed the problem, finally. That's very good. For some weeks it didn't work anymore on the computer software, but it still doesn't work on the Android app.

It's imposible to find the current playlist in the web player, I tried all around the page and there isn't a way to get it without searching it again. Does somebody know how to go directly to the current playlist in web player? I cannot install the desktop app because I'm using spotify at my job, and the company policies prohibit installing non-related work softare.

@Vita_G wrote:

So, I was facing the same issue and I found the solution. I couldn't find the current playing playlist on desktop version, so I checked my mobile app. And there it was: recently played. I hope this will help for someone. 🙂

This definitely helped me just now. Right clicking on the album art gave me limited options, none of which was what I needed, but I was able to check my phone and identify the list that I was playing from just now. Granted, I'd still like to know how to resolve this question in-app without needing a second device, but this'll do for now. Thanks!

Cancelled.

Hey this works great but is not very intuitive. Could we get a context tip via mouseover or something even more obvious?

Thanks!

That doesn't work on desktop. I'm not sure why not, because they have this working on mobile.

Yes, Thank You! Going to the mobile app to check it out worked for me.

This is a very obnoxious miss in the UI because right-clicking on the song in the actual playlist is the only way (that I'm aware of) to easily remove that song from the playlist. So if I hear a song that's terrible and I just want it off the list. I have to scroll through hundreds of songs looking for the one in a green font. This is also a huge miss in terms of accessiblity for those with disabilities as those with color blindness will have even more difficulty identifying the song that's currently when scanning through this playlist for the same reason. 

This is a very obnoxious miss in the UI because right-clicking on the song in the actual playlist is the only way (that I'm aware of) to easily remove that song from the playlist. So if I hear a song that's terrible and I just want it off the list. I have to scroll through hundreds of songs looking for the one in a green font. This is also a huge miss in terms of accessiblity for those with disabilities as those with color blindness will have even more difficulty identifying the song that's currently when scanning through this playlist for the same reason. 

Nice! another feature of Spotify I did not know.

this worked for me!!

I can't see this option....There's only "add to queue", when I right click on the picture of the song being played.

If I click on the QUEUE icon on the right botton side (near the volume botton), I can access the current song and the history, but I can't see the "playing from" =/

Marked as solution

Click on the album's artwork on the lower left corner and it will take you to the current playlist. 😃

I'm using the spotify web player (play.spotify.com). The method mentioned in the solution (for desktop app player) does not work on the web player. 

How do you go to the currently playing playlist on the web player 

Hi.

It takes me to the album, but not to the playlist i select right?

ty for posting this, been wondering how to for ages, its so simple but they never made it obvious 

This knowledge just changed my life.  I too found it really odd and friustrating that I couldn't pull up a playlist after restarting Spotify.  Sorta weird how hidden that features is.  I tried everything, but yet somehow never clicked on the album icon.  Thanks!

Thanks! This is it...

@spotify you have to do something about the UX here... It should be a bit more obvious 😉

Suggested posts