Identify the playlist that's currently playing

Solved!

Re: Identify the playlist that's currently playing

anniedivino

Same here! If i click the album it just shows me the album. I'm afraid to click away too many times because whatever I'm listening too is amazing! 

I thought it was one of the discover or made more me mixes but when i hover the mouse above it they still have play triangle, so they cannot be playing right? 

MusicHorder
Regular

This is not a "Solution"!!!

It should obviously show in the player what is playing, without having to click this or that, or going somewhere else in the player.

Why is Spotify working so hard to make users not know what they are listening to (other than the current track)...? Why is the massive area in the middle of the player window not filled with the list playing and providing a work area in which the user can work on editing lists etc.? 

Instead its all about marketing specific artists and playlists, I assume based on who pays Spotify most. I fully understand the need for Spotify to be profitable, and support it, but don't want the main distribution channel for music be organised so that users are directed towards and fed the contant which has paid Spotify the most, while being limited in finding my way to other content.

Bad Design

mikegabour
Casual Listener

Wow, that is not intuitive at all. Spotify needs to get their act together. 

moncreep

I had the same problem! 

What I did was right click on the current song playing and click "Go to Song Radio" and that will open up the location of where the song is playing. :D

MusicHorder
Regular

:) ))) How is this a solution??? Hilarious...... An alternative could be to contact Spotify's customer service and ask them which playlist the song belongs to, ....every time you want to know it. .....Roughly equally convenient... 

MusicHorder
Regular

That is not a solution to the problem!!! People want to see which playlist they are listening to and be able to edit them on the go, whithout navigating around. Why do people post sucky work-arounds as some sort of solution?? You only reduce the likelyhood of the software owner to develop the missing feature or fix the bug! At least post it just as a work-around, stating it doesn't "solve" the issue..

1 person liked this

mikegabour
Casual Listener
The entire interface should be torn down and redesigned. This is a joke.

Jibber4568
Music Fan

Given solution doesn't work when playling a song in a playlist in a folder. 

TheSocalEskimo

Bless you! Thank you! This has always been an itch of mine every now and then. :)

1 person liked this

trev7

Thanks for that. Honestly though, that's very poor heuristics. Shouldn't have to Google how to do something so simple.

SUGGESTED POSTS