Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium subscribers beware! Spotify make it very difficult for you to cancel!

Premium subscribers beware! Spotify make it very difficult for you to cancel!

I write this as someone who has had the unfortunate experience of trying to cancel my subscription after getting Spotify premium.

Spotify themselves make it very, very difficult for you to cancel. It is an absolute nightmare. Some words of advice would be to not leave it to the last day or so before it runs out to try and cancel your subscription. You need to leave plenty of time to get it sorted before they take another £9.99 from your bank account.

I really wish I had read this forum BEFORE I had subscribed and seen the vast numbers of dissatisfied users unable to cancel....I would never have done it in the first place!

Don't be fooled into thinking you are inputting an incorrect password at the final hurdle when you are cancelling - you are not - they deliberately do this to make things awkward. You have to then fill in a contact form (which incidentally says could take 3 days to respond to - hence my earlier mention that you shouldn't leave it too late to start to cancel.)

Because it's not a direct debit, it can't be cancelled easily by your bank either. After speaking to my bank, the only way they could do it for me was to cancel my account and open a new one!

In the end, what worked for me was having to download a new internet browser and go through that. Luckily for me that worked, but I see from on here that that doesn't work for everyone.

I loved Spotify and was a big fan, and my cancellation was only going to be a temporary thing untill I had a bit more money. But now that's it. I'm done with Spotify for good. It's absolutely disgusting and to my mind is almost corporate theft what they are doing in making it virtually impossible to cancel.

Disgusting.

69 Replies

Will thanks for the "Stupid comment" Its been a year already and my mobile keep on charging me of this spotify.
As Ive mentioned I already contact with spotify support the same with the bank or whatsoever you call it.
read again.

And yes! We are poor do you have poblem with that? 🙂

Thanks for sharing, I am going through exactly the same annoying and customer unfriendly service provided by Spotify ....so far not beeing able to cancel....and being redirected to all kinds of answers and services within SPOTIFY -----definitely never again SPOTIFY

Not much on the premium app works as per so called help . A Premium account won’t necessarily work but you’ll still be charged . The only way to deal with it is to pay by PayPal  . That. way you can cancel easily by going to your PP account go to manage payments and cancel Spotify . Moreover PayPal will send you instructions that work and will reply in next 24 hrs usually less . Spotify will send you via their so called support which beard no relation to what’s in the app and then Twitter it community in which you have to bounce backwards and forwards between email and verifying you are not a robot  there are other delaying tactics too many to describe here but starting with having no idea who you are  

Hey everyone!

If you're having trouble canceling, we'd suggest heading to our Help Boards and starting a new thread for your specific issue there.

We'll do our best to lend a hand. In the meantime, we'd recommend checking out the info here too.

Thanks!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I ve already done all that .help boards etc .

Everything works fine so it's you lot that create the problems not spotify.

I love how it's the handful, of the millions and millions of users, that have app problems - but this is spotify at fault, no...its your fault. If it works for everyone else but a few people then you are the ones at fault.

Hilarious reading all this stupidity. 

Absolutley all the same issues and spotify do not come to your aide.  They know they have the monopoly and just want to shaft us.

I had the opposite experience! It was super easy for me and I canceled a couple days before the renewal date- I wasn’t charged all.

AGREE TOTALLY..SPOTIFY HAS BECOME SHITIFY ! 😆🤣😆🤣

I had a similar experience when I discovered that My husbands Ex was using Spotify to track our online activities. When we canceled, they kept charging me. Then admitted to my husband that they we’re going to charge me again in the days following me contacting them. 

I had to go through my bank and completely block all charges and dispute them. I eventually got my money back. I haven’t used Spotify since, except to respond in the forums. Which they obviously don’t even bother to read.... 

They continually make it more and more difficult to reach out to their so called service/company. Whatever they call themselves now days. 

Hundreds if not more have been asking for canceled memberships, or block functionality due to the lack of caring and listening on behalf of Spotify and its employees. And here we are, 2021, and people are STILL having these issues? Completely and utterly unprofessional and unacceptable. 

Suggested posts