Random music showing up in recently played

Solved!
1 person liked this

Random music showing up in recently played

seanberce
Casual Listener

Just recently there has been two artists showing up in my recently played and heavy rotation list, "Biper" and "Xtremevolt". I have never listened to these artists before, and when I got to work today Xtremevolt was playing in my headphones. When I first noticed them showing up I logged out of all devices and changed my password. Any ideas where this could be coming from?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Random music showing up in recently played

seanberce
Casual Listener

I believe the issue was from my facebook which had a malicious login, and there was an app integration added to my spotify. After I clearned out all apps and changed my password the issue stopped. 

4 Replies

joelmorehouse
Casual Listener

Did changing your password solve the issue? I was having the same issue with the same artists.

Infraljud
Casual Listener

I've had the same kind of issue recently but with other artists. They have showed up as recently played overnight on my android phone on at least two occasions.

Did your changing the password help?

joelmorehouse
Casual Listener

So far it seems to have fixed the issue, but it's a bit early to tell. My account was also upgraded to the family plan without my knowledge, so I'd double check your plan details.

Highlighted
Solution!

seanberce
Casual Listener

I believe the issue was from my facebook which had a malicious login, and there was an app integration added to my spotify. After I clearned out all apps and changed my password the issue stopped. 

SUGGESTED POSTS