Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Community Rock Star Program

Solved!

Spotify Community Rock Star Program

RockStars3.png

Hello Spotify lovers!

Have you ever shown a friend how to sync a playlist? Ever explained how Spotify works to a group of people? At Spotify, we know users helping users is something special.

That’s why we’ve created the Spotify Rock Star Program to recognize awesome contributorsProgram members have already received:

The Spotify Community is a place to get help, help others, and talk about music. So if you know answers to your fellow Spotify music lover's questions, why not help out?  

We look forward to you joining our band. Check out the linked PDF by clicking the logo below for more info (updated November 2014). If you'd like to join the RSP just let us know in a private message or by posting in this thread.

See you around!

The Spotify Community Team

RSPBlack.png
100 Replies

Mindy Stewart

*breaks out into the worm on the bus* this sounds like an amazing program! I would love to hear more about applying and such (the link in the original posting is not working for me).

Hey , i been looking for help for like an hour and i can't find where to post my problem , how much do i have to look on other people's problems and none of them resolve my problems .
I can't contact to the spotify support ( if they have one ) im looking them and the only thing i get is other people problems.
Can someone please tell me how to get help here ? i have been having this problem months ago , but my cell-phone its broken so i open spotify again and the problem still there

Hey ADiferentOne, what's the problem you're having? I'm fairly new as well, but might be able to point you in the right direction! Message me? 

Cool, I love music and I am excited to join the community!

Maradei

Very interested. 

Our band MAD is uploading our 5 cds to Spotify. Two of them they are already online.
Anyway Spotrify has filed these first 2 of them under the same band's name "Mad" we that's not us....

Any idea of how to get some help to fix that ?

Many thanks

Martin Vasco U

Hi, you can get in contact with them at this website  www.spotifyartists.com hope it helps! 🙂

Maradei

My Mum was a concert pianist. At one time she played before Her Royal Highness QUEEN Elizabeth II at the Royal Albert Hall. My twin Sister is a virtuoso guitarist of no small renown. She has played with Neil Shon, Ice T (body count) and Prince. I was a singer until my voice was silenced in an unfortunate accident. I'm always ready to help. Especially with music
Darren Jay Blagden

I think this is a great idea. Spotify is so cool.
Darren Jay Blagden

I'm a "Gig Goer." Thanks Spotify. You're the best.
Darren Jay Blagden

Hey man so you have been a subscriber since 2012? Loyal at any rate I dig the whole music is life. My phrase music saves the soul. Funny though I just put them together on a drawing I started a few days ago. It is hopefully going to be in my business one day. I wanted to know if there was any other music app you listen to? I mean I HV tried a few but I am stuck on this n Pandora.

I would very much like to follow you on here and maybe throw some ideas I have to you over my business I would love to start. I am hoping to start the E.I. program in St. Louis MO. The Nelly school. I have a business plan started n as far as my consultant said when I started it it is a good start. It would be awesome to have the input of someone who is in the bizz. I mean I really don't want to come Ill mannered at any angle. Just want to keep things real. Thanks

RSVP me please. I am going to school soon and would love to start my business. Owning a concert venue. Bringing the bass n melody of many artist alive. Bringing people together through music which saves the soul. Thanks Cyn

I've tried a great number of them. To be entirely honest Spotify satisfies
all of my requirements in a single app. I found Pandora to be slightly
user undfriendly. Google Play Music was far too florid for my interests.
Rhapsody is improving and you might want to try them. As I stated, Spotify
is great for me. It is simple in and of itself. I ask for something and
get it without the nonsense.
Darren Jay Blagden

Deseando saber más

Entras n publica información personal, así como ayudar a los demás aquí con preguntas que tienen más de un tema aquí . Así como ayudar a Spotify perfeccionar su forma de hacer las cosas aquí . todo lo que podemos llegar a conocer unos a otros , así como alcanzar un mayor nivel de conocimiento con nuestra música .

Fantástico!

While I think it is AWESOME to uitlize members (aka "Rock Stars+") in the community to advance the company's vision by tapping into users' ideas, in the 940 minutes (15 hours) of logging on to Spotify Community (65 times) and viewing 2,000+ messages, I have noticed that those with the ability to close or continue user posts have almost always commented on what similar ideas may have already been posted, or on whether or not the idea should be considered--all of which are great but do little to bring out the innovator in each user.

As an educator, I present to you a similar dilemma: what actions should be taken by an instructor when a student presents a very interesting and creative idea? Should the instructor make note of the idea, and then distinguish which are popular or feasible enough to take action on? Or should the instructor probe further to fully understand the individual's ideas and then refine/provide the tools, direction and/or guidance to bring those creative ideas to fruition? Perhaps it depends on what we want our future to look like. Shall it be led by members who have become overly reliant on others to provide to them what they believe to be "a basic convenience", or by individuals whose curiosity and creativity drive them to do what has not yet been done. 

As a premium user, and as a fan of music, I would implore those "distinguished" members to reflect on the various ways in which they may further empower community members by pointing them to the right direction (websites, API tutorials, explaining the necessary process) to more meaningfully push their creative and technological limits.  The reality here is that many will try, but few will drive the discussion forward--regardless of the outcome however, the simple act of doing and trying to implement these changes can help users to realize the amount of hard work, dedication and resources are put into the services and features provided to them.

Ultimately, in seeking to elevate ideas and innovation, categorizing idea submissions, closing or connecting cases deemed feasible and "easily implemented" can inadvertently hinder innovation by enabling users to expect features and services to be handed down to them as if they're incapable of learning.If Spotify solely operated under the belief that they would do what could be "easiliy implemented", I would not be writing this post (which oddly feels more like a chapter). 

Suffice it to say that I have started experimenting myself with open-source software in order to pursue some of my own ideas. To be transparent, I have absolutely no clue about APIs and what it means to "migrate existing code to a Web API"--I hear those obstacles loud and clear... but I have to at least try. To be clear, I'm thrilled to observe and be a part of the dialogue of this community forum. I think it just goes to show how committed spotify users are to keeping the lines of communication wide open. The only thing better than a community filled with great ideas and "rock stars", however, is one in which the very notion that Spotify espouses ("quality over quantity") is demonstrated through the learning opportunities taken by its users.  

Kudos to the real rock stars of innovation (past, present, and "rising stars")-- Spotify staff, and all other nerds and innovators willing to "take action" on numerous ideas.

I would love to be a part of the rock star program. I'm constantly introducing people to spotify and helping them set up, and figure out the quirks and perks.

Wanna join!

Suggested posts