Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

Edited 8 May 2018 (original post below).

On ~3rd May Spotify Connect started randomly pausing (in my case on Yamaha hardware) on a range of devices - rendering their Spotify capbility unusuable.

We've since established that this is a problem affecting lots of devices from lots of manufacturers: which all points to something in the Spotify platform itself being at fault.

We do seem to be getting somewhere with recent reports that Spotify support and manufacturers are looking into this....

What you can do right now:

-Continue to tweet Spotify support if you're experiencing this - let them know the scale of the problem.

-Please continue to add updates to this thread.

-Tag your affected device in your post to associate it with this thread.

-Contact your device manufacturer to let them know.

Original post:

---

Hi,

For the last few days Spotify connect has started randomly pausing when playing on my Yamaha RX-V483 AV receiver. Firrmware version 1.28 and using Spotify connect from OS X, app version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 or iOS 8.4.51.696.

Playback on the app itself is fine. The Yamaha unit has a wired LAN connection, and I can observe from the traffic monitor on my router that it just stops streaming audio at random. It has been flawless forever until ~3 May.

On twitter @spotifycares advised me to try logging out and in of all devices, and they also 'reset my offline cache' which didn't help.

Others on twitter seem to be having similar issues, e.g: https://twitter.com/hydroxyde/status/992415130511118337

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/992696323064418305

The latest response from @spotifycares is that my amplifier 'no longer supports spotify connect'. It's a bit ridiculous if this is the case. I've received no notice from Spotify or Yamaha.

I'd be interested in hearing from other who are experiencing similar problems.

This needs taking up with Spotify/Yamaha if support has been silently dropped!

271 Replies

Same problem with my Yamaha rx-850a. It stopts playing and jumps to 0.01 second. When you want to play again it does not react.

I also have the same problem on yamaha rxv679, wx030 and isx80! really annoying!

please help Spotify!!

AVR:

Yamaha RXA670 (European Edition),
latest Firmware version 1.28

Spotify Connect Remote Apps:
Windows 10 64bit Professional Desktop Version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78,
Android Version 8.4.52.812 armV7 (Samsung Galaxy S7),
Yamahas AV Controller Version 4.60

All Firmwares up to date!

Same Probs here, started about 3-4 days ago. Playback on the app itself works flawlessly. Maybe caused by Spotifys latest Release or related Refactoring on the Connect API.

As stated above, when using spotify on desktop, Android or others as a remote, Songs just pause randomly without a specific pattern. They not only just pause for me, the current Song gets skipped and im being redirected to the next Track in my Playlist (still paused). It seems that when then triggering the play button it once again skips set song and jumps to the next one. Just clicking "play" over and over again wont fix anything.
Most of the time i find myself fixing the issue by just rebooting the reciever/ Spotify remote app wether it be on desktop or mobile. I have tryed to just wait for a while after the bug occured and then hitting play, it seemed to work just fine (the song is still being skipped but following song starts).

I have not yet tryed to contact Yamaha but I will shortly after.
I will be available for questions, to reproduce the issue as best as possible.

yeah mine does that i just couldnt put it into words!

I've read of people having this issue not only with Yamaha devices, so I think it's more a problem of Connect than Connect on Yamaha, I think it's something Spotify itself needs to resolve

True, we're moving in the right direction though 😛

Definitely not just Yamaha - since starting this topic, I have read about the same problem with spotify connect on a range of devices - e.g. Pioneer, Samsung. I also have one of these https://www.azatom.com/stealth-air-2bt which is exhibiting the same issue.

Poor choice of topic title, sorry!

me pasa exactamente lo mismo, me he puesto en contacto con el distribuidor de red (jazztel) pero no me han solucionado el problema.

Since few days I have the same problem with my Yamaha HiFi.  I wrote to Italian Spotify support (I'm italian) and I'm asking for them answer at the moment. It is frustrating to have this problem...

Try to edit the initial title to something more universal, if at all possible. We will get more recognition that way. Aka Spotify looks into the Problem more quickly.

Same here since yesterday on Yamaha RX-V581...   frustrating but glad it’s not just me!

Have edited thread subject to be more universal (before it just referred to Yamaha devices - as mentioned in my initial post).

Just needed to check it wouldn't lose all the replies before doing so!

Please encourage others to use this thread to log issues that have occured in the last few days with spotify connect randomly pausing on a device!

Same problem with my Yamaha RX-V481D. Stops after a few seconds or a few songs. Firmware update, switching to wired connection and DNS change didn't help.

I have exactly the same with the Philips SW100M. Until 3th May no problems at all. Now the music stops randomly. Very annoying. 

Tried everything: reset, log out everywhere, firmware (no update), even tried a different WiFi network. Problem stayed. 

Extra info:

Both devices (Clint Odin and iEast pro) work prefectly fine with other streaming services (Tidal and Deezer). Seems to be a Spotify issue.

Same issue here. I have a Yamaha RN602 AMP and a separate Yamaha satellite speaker in another room . Both cut out at random. Tried using them separately and linked. Spotify told me it was an isolated incident and they'd heard no instances of it happening elsewhere. Then I found this thread. Times running out for them to fix it before I switch to deezer. 

Same problem here. Spotify breaks connection with my Yamaha 483 AV receiver. Music stops playing randomly, after few seconds, minutes.. No matter whether its Android or Windows App. Tried DNS change, WiFi, Rj45. The newest firmare of AV receiver installed. The same with Spotify Apps update.

Windows app: 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78
Android app: 8.4.52.812 armV7

Same issue here, I’m streaming on a Gramofon firmware 3.1.9, iOS app version 8.4.51.696. Problem started 3-4 days ago. 

Same issue.  Spotify stops playing after seconds out minutes on any of my musiccast devices.  Issue started on Friday last week. 

Drives me mad... 

Got the same issue with my Onkyo TX 818 AVR, worked fine until a few days ago. Now keeps stopping mid-song or after song... 😞

Suggested posts