Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

Edited 8 May 2018 (original post below).

On ~3rd May Spotify Connect started randomly pausing (in my case on Yamaha hardware) on a range of devices - rendering their Spotify capbility unusuable.

We've since established that this is a problem affecting lots of devices from lots of manufacturers: which all points to something in the Spotify platform itself being at fault.

We do seem to be getting somewhere with recent reports that Spotify support and manufacturers are looking into this....

What you can do right now:

-Continue to tweet Spotify support if you're experiencing this - let them know the scale of the problem.

-Please continue to add updates to this thread.

-Tag your affected device in your post to associate it with this thread.

-Contact your device manufacturer to let them know.

Original post:

---

Hi,

For the last few days Spotify connect has started randomly pausing when playing on my Yamaha RX-V483 AV receiver. Firrmware version 1.28 and using Spotify connect from OS X, app version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 or iOS 8.4.51.696.

Playback on the app itself is fine. The Yamaha unit has a wired LAN connection, and I can observe from the traffic monitor on my router that it just stops streaming audio at random. It has been flawless forever until ~3 May.

On twitter @spotifycares advised me to try logging out and in of all devices, and they also 'reset my offline cache' which didn't help.

Others on twitter seem to be having similar issues, e.g: https://twitter.com/hydroxyde/status/992415130511118337

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/992696323064418305

The latest response from @spotifycares is that my amplifier 'no longer supports spotify connect'. It's a bit ridiculous if this is the case. I've received no notice from Spotify or Yamaha.

I'd be interested in hearing from other who are experiencing similar problems.

This needs taking up with Spotify/Yamaha if support has been silently dropped!

271 Replies

Today there was a new update. Problem still not fixed

Same issue with B&W Zeppelin Wireless !!!

Same on mine Yamaha RX-V483, it's really annoying.

Same Problem with my Goodmans Module WiFi Audio Adaptor with Spotify Connect Stops playing very often.

SPOTIFY PLEASE FIX THAT!!! 

I have the exact same issue.

Yamaha R-N402D.

Works fine when I cast to Nvidia shield though, although that Is running some sort of android. 

A285FA1E-5A1E-4A27-987E-2402DAEDD320.png

Such an annoying response! They must understand their own product and how the issues is in the ‘Spotify connect’ on my amp not the app on my phone, I’m not using air play 😂! Arghh

Same issue here, Yamaha RN-602. Very frustrating, makes spotify unusable

I also have this problem with my Gramofon device. Nothing helped yet.. pff, I hope this is solved soon!

I follow.

Same problem with my Yamaha RX v583.

Same problem here with Yamaha WXC-50 AND Raumfeld Connector2 since third of May. Followed all recommendations from spotify, but no success!

Same issue with yamaha wx-010, guess I'll give Spotify a couple weeks to get this fixed and then look at taking my money elsewhere

the same problem here with a Yamaha RX V481. 

Well, I tweeted them this thread and got a reply that at least suggests they're aware of the issue... here's hoping!

Screenshot_20180508-095417.png

Good job! I miss the music 😞

Thank You tdbruwer. You're the man 🙂

Fingers crossed.

Same here, GGMM M3.

Some day all works well, some day they refuse to play songs....

Can we please get list of all effected devices in the top post?

@deny_mx

good idea, all affected devices can be added as "tags" to the original post under the "Add Tag..." header.

same here.

I have 8 devices (Phillips SW750M, SW700M, SW100) which worked well for years now.

Since last week, it pauses randomly after few songs and no access to the boxes for minutes. VERY ANNOYING

Thanks!

Suggested posts