Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

Edited 8 May 2018 (original post below).

On ~3rd May Spotify Connect started randomly pausing (in my case on Yamaha hardware) on a range of devices - rendering their Spotify capbility unusuable.

We've since established that this is a problem affecting lots of devices from lots of manufacturers: which all points to something in the Spotify platform itself being at fault.

We do seem to be getting somewhere with recent reports that Spotify support and manufacturers are looking into this....

What you can do right now:

-Continue to tweet Spotify support if you're experiencing this - let them know the scale of the problem.

-Please continue to add updates to this thread.

-Tag your affected device in your post to associate it with this thread.

-Contact your device manufacturer to let them know.

Original post:

---

Hi,

For the last few days Spotify connect has started randomly pausing when playing on my Yamaha RX-V483 AV receiver. Firrmware version 1.28 and using Spotify connect from OS X, app version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 or iOS 8.4.51.696.

Playback on the app itself is fine. The Yamaha unit has a wired LAN connection, and I can observe from the traffic monitor on my router that it just stops streaming audio at random. It has been flawless forever until ~3 May.

On twitter @spotifycares advised me to try logging out and in of all devices, and they also 'reset my offline cache' which didn't help.

Others on twitter seem to be having similar issues, e.g: https://twitter.com/hydroxyde/status/992415130511118337

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/992696323064418305

The latest response from @spotifycares is that my amplifier 'no longer supports spotify connect'. It's a bit ridiculous if this is the case. I've received no notice from Spotify or Yamaha.

I'd be interested in hearing from other who are experiencing similar problems.

This needs taking up with Spotify/Yamaha if support has been silently dropped!

271 Replies

Same issue for me. Pioneer HM82.

Occurs on Wifi or LAN, streaming from different devices. Will be forced to cancel Spotify account if it's not resolved unfortunately.

I'm having the same problem with my Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin (which works fine over Bluetooth and Airplay). Noticed it a week ago but it's definitely got worse in the last few days. I was also able to reproduce it once on my PS4, or at least I think I did.

Aether cone  also having this Issue

please add my device as tag, and looks like chrome cast also has issues:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Spotify-Pausing-On-Chromecast-Issues/idi-p/4432989

Hello.
Same problem for me on Yamaha MCR-N470D (CRX-N470D)

To Help France
THX

Same problem, using Gramofon (2x). 

I have both factory-reset but the glitches remain. 

In a weird way it’s comforting that I’m not he only one having these troubles 😉

Spotify fix this!

Finally the Italian support admits the problem on Spotify Connect and they told me that they are working to find a solutions.

Hoping in good news asap...

Same issue for me. On my Yamaha WXC-50, Spotify Connect stops playing after a few minutes.

No issue with AirPlay from my iPad.. 

No issue with Deezer player on the WXC-50.

iOS, Spotify App, WXC-50 firmware are up-to-date.

However, Spotify Connect works fine on my iEast Pro...

Tried everything on the WXC-50 : factory reset, changed network settings, changed DNS.. On wireless and wired connection, same issue..

The problem seems to be between Spotify Connect and Yamaha.

I pay for a Spotify Premium Family Account, and the main reason for which I choosed Spotify was the Spotify Connect system. I really think about closing my account if this problem remains.

Does someone have more information about this ?

Problem seems to be spotify-connect, NOT Yamaha.

Because I know many people having this problem have Phillips Fidelio and Phillips SW750M-Boxes. All via spotify-connect seems to be affected.

Also tried many older versions of Spotify on Android, because problem first appeared on May 3th.

Yes we've established that lots of manufacturers are affected.

Quick update - As my main affected device is made by Yamaha - I just called their UK tech support. They have had multiple reports of the issue and are working with their engineering team and Spotify to figure out what's going on. Hopefully this will benefit devices from other manufacturers too...

Same problem here with Yamaha RN602 receiver, problems started a few days ago.

When I start playing music with the Spotify app on my IPhone or IPad using Musiccast, the receiver stops sometimes after a few seconds, and sometimes after 20 or 30 minutes.

Same issue here. I have a Yamaha RXV-483 receiver and 5 x WX-030 speakers. Now I cannot listen to anything from Spotify without constant random stopping. If I use Deezer or Tidal everything works fine, if I use Spotify via bluetooth in my car everything works fine. Only when I use Spotify Connect sound stops randomly.

@Bongio wrote:

Same issue here. I have a Yamaha RXV-483 receiver and 5 x WX-030 speakers. Now I cannot listen to anything from Spotify without constant random stopping. If I use Deezer or Tidal everything works fine, if I use Spotify via bluetooth in my car everything works fine. Only when I use Spotify Connect sound stops randomly.

I can confirm this behavior. 

Exactly the same issues, which began about a week ago. Spotify Connect stops in the middle of a song on both my Yamaha WX-010 Wireless Speaker and AV Receiver (Yamaha RXA1070). This completely renders my new wireless speaker pretty useless!

Just received my new Yamaha RX-483 today and started using and testing it. Spotify Connect randomly stops playing playlists either if its a streamed or a downloaded playlist. Tried it with normal and extreme quality.

Just thinking about changing the AVR or the streaming service....

@Nicker86 wrote:

Just received my new Yamaha RX-483 today and started using and testing it. Spotify Connect randomly stops playing playlists either if its a streamed or a downloaded playlist. Tried it with normal and extreme quality.

Just thinking about changing the AVR or the streaming service....

Stay with yamaha. It's not their fault and other devices have this problem which is related to spotify connect. 

Try Deezer for 1€ for the first three month of you need an alternative. 

same here with Yamaha R-N602, random pausing a solid reason to quit premium, please help

For me it works again since yesterday. Tested it for hours yesterday and today - not a single pause anymore on my HM82 using Mac and Android App.

Spotifys dev-team coming in strong, hotfix seemed to work wonders. Connect on my Yamaha RX-A670 runs again on my end. 2 hours without pausing and counting.

Given hotfix appears to have implemented some sort of "responsiveness debuff" so to say. I'm really happy everything works again but im sure there is still some following up to do. :^D

Suggested posts