Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

1 person liked this

Re: Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...

Bastiaan684
Casual Listener

Same problem here with Yamaha RN602 receiver, problems started a few days ago.

When I start playing music with the Spotify app on my IPhone or IPad using Musiccast, the receiver stops sometimes after a few seconds, and sometimes after 20 or 30 minutes.

1 person liked this

Re: Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...

Bongio
Casual Listener

Same issue here. I have a Yamaha RXV-483 receiver and 5 x WX-030 speakers. Now I cannot listen to anything from Spotify without constant random stopping. If I use Deezer or Tidal everything works fine, if I use Spotify via bluetooth in my car everything works fine. Only when I use Spotify Connect sound stops randomly.

Jorlin
Music Fan

@Bongio wrote:

Same issue here. I have a Yamaha RXV-483 receiver and 5 x WX-030 speakers. Now I cannot listen to anything from Spotify without constant random stopping. If I use Deezer or Tidal everything works fine, if I use Spotify via bluetooth in my car everything works fine. Only when I use Spotify Connect sound stops randomly.

I can confirm this behavior. 

ma800

Exactly the same issues, which began about a week ago. Spotify Connect stops in the middle of a song on both my Yamaha WX-010 Wireless Speaker and AV Receiver (Yamaha RXA1070). This completely renders my new wireless speaker pretty useless!

Nicker86
Casual Listener

Just received my new Yamaha RX-483 today and started using and testing it. Spotify Connect randomly stops playing playlists either if its a streamed or a downloaded playlist. Tried it with normal and extreme quality.

Just thinking about changing the AVR or the streaming service....

Lionel25
Casual Listener

Jorlin
Music Fan

@Nicker86 wrote:

Just received my new Yamaha RX-483 today and started using and testing it. Spotify Connect randomly stops playing playlists either if its a streamed or a downloaded playlist. Tried it with normal and extreme quality.

Just thinking about changing the AVR or the streaming service....

Stay with yamaha. It's not their fault and other devices have this problem which is related to spotify connect. 

Try Deezer for 1€ for the first three month of you need an alternative. 

xxronis
Casual Listener

same here with Yamaha R-N602, random pausing a solid reason to quit premium, please help

freibeuter
Regular

For me it works again since yesterday. Tested it for hours yesterday and today - not a single pause anymore on my HM82 using Mac and Android App.

marten1337
Regular

Spotifys dev-team coming in strong, hotfix seemed to work wonders. Connect on my Yamaha RX-A670 runs again on my end. 2 hours without pausing and counting.

Given hotfix appears to have implemented some sort of "responsiveness debuff" so to say. I'm really happy everything works again but im sure there is still some following up to do. :^D

SUGGESTED POSTS