Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

1 person liked this

Re: Yamaha AV Receiver Spotify Connect Randomly Pausing

Svenfrancisco
Casual Listener

Same problem with my Yamaha rx-850a. It stopts playing and jumps to 0.01 second. When you want to play again it does not react.

1 person liked this

gregio54
Regular

I also have the same problem on yamaha rxv679, wx030 and isx80! really annoying!

please help Spotify!!

4 people liked this

marten1337
Regular

AVR:

Yamaha RXA670 (European Edition),
latest Firmware version 1.28

Spotify Connect Remote Apps:
Windows 10 64bit Professional Desktop Version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78,
Android Version 8.4.52.812 armV7 (Samsung Galaxy S7),
Yamahas AV Controller Version 4.60

All Firmwares up to date!

Same Probs here, started about 3-4 days ago. Playback on the app itself works flawlessly. Maybe caused by Spotifys latest Release or related Refactoring on the Connect API.

As stated above, when using spotify on desktop, Android or others as a remote, Songs just pause randomly without a specific pattern. They not only just pause for me, the current Song gets skipped and im being redirected to the next Track in my Playlist (still paused). It seems that when then triggering the play button it once again skips set song and jumps to the next one. Just clicking "play" over and over again wont fix anything.
Most of the time i find myself fixing the issue by just rebooting the reciever/ Spotify remote app wether it be on desktop or mobile. I have tryed to just wait for a while after the bug occured and then hitting play, it seemed to work just fine (the song is still being skipped but following song starts).

I have not yet tryed to contact Yamaha but I will shortly after.
I will be available for questions, to reproduce the issue as best as possible.

1 person liked this

gregio54
Regular

yeah mine does that i just couldnt put it into words!

2 people liked this

luigig
Regular

I've read of people having this issue not only with Yamaha devices, so I think it's more a problem of Connect than Connect on Yamaha, I think it's something Spotify itself needs to resolve

1 person liked this

marten1337
Regular

True, we're moving in the right direction though :P

1 person liked this

qwyxldex
Gig Goer

Definitely not just Yamaha - since starting this topic, I have read about the same problem with spotify connect on a range of devices - e.g. Pioneer, Samsung. I also have one of these https://www.azatom.com/stealth-air-2bt which is exhibiting the same issue.

Poor choice of topic title, sorry!

Brunetti2

me pasa exactamente lo mismo, me he puesto en contacto con el distribuidor de red (jazztel) pero no me han solucionado el problema.

1 person liked this

jameskirk
Regular

Since few days I have the same problem with my Yamaha HiFi.  I wrote to Italian Spotify support (I'm italian) and I'm asking for them answer at the moment. It is frustrating to have this problem...

2 people liked this

marten1337
Regular

Try to edit the initial title to something more universal, if at all possible. We will get more recognition that way. Aka Spotify looks into the Problem more quickly.

SUGGESTED POSTS