Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

2 people liked this

Re: Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...

Frank7771

Same Problem with my Yamaha Rx-s601d. Stops playing very often.

SPOTIFY PLEASE FIX THAT!!! 

2 people liked this

Re: Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...

Welshchris
Regular

Spotify Connect is completely broken on my Pioneer X-HM82. Started a couple of days ago (presumably since app update) with playback stopping every few minutes when streaming from my iPhone. Music still plays on phone but playback stops on the Pioneer. Now the Spotify app won’t even see the Pioneer on ‘available devices’ trying to use connect, however it’s visible as a device using AirPlay.

This needs sorting!

2 people liked this

kyrgeo

I would like to chime in with the same issue; since the last app update (i am on iOS 11.3.1) my Yamaha avr (RX-A1070) randomly pauses songs played via Spotify Connect. The avr displays a blank pause screen with no song details (first time i’ve seen this screen).

it looks like an incomplete playlist is sent to the avr (since closing Spotify app completely on the phone would still allow the avr to play the whole list).

Welshchris
Regular

OK - Clearly I wasnt up to speed on this issue, specifically Spotify dropping support for a raft of products from various manufacturers. FWIW I think it’s a disgrace. Interestingly I can find no explanation from Spotify as to why this change has been made, just an announcement...

https://support.spotify.com/uk/article/why-cant-i-use-the-spotify-app-on-my-speaker/

There also seems to be no will from Pioneer or Spotify to remedy the situation.

My question is if I dump Spotify is there another streaming service offering the same ‘connect’ type functionality?

1 person liked this

luigig
Regular

Are they insane or what? All my Yamaha devices (WX-010, WX-030, YSP-1600) are currently sold in store, so they're not discontinued or anything, and they have the Spotify Connect logo on the box, how is that even legal? I would understand if those were ancient speakers, discontinued and everything, but they're not! I guess I'll have to switch to Tidal because it's the only service that has MusicCast integration, but either way I'll drop my premium subscription regardless because that's not the way to treat your paying customers

1 person liked this

luigig
Regular

What is happening? I replied saying my speakers are still recent so it's insane that they're not supporting them and the only way for me to listen to music is to switch to a competing platform and my post has been deleted without notice? Spotify, are you ok?

1 person liked this

blacklord049
Music Fan

Many users here own products you won't find on the list of unsupported devices. This list has been published a few months ago. It seems the issue is not specifically related to Yamaha but still my firmware is about 8 months old, it should be working. One or two weeks ago it was fine, and I saw no new announce from Spotify regarding a new list of unsupported devices...

2 people liked this

freibeuter
Regular

They seem to have added a lot of new devices to their list - my Pioneer Hm82 has for sure not been on on before!

This is some really bad move...hope this is just a mistake

5 people liked this

Frenkxy
Casual Listener

It’s not a specific Yamaha issue. I’ve got the Gramofon streamer it has te same issues. The Gramofon is still on the supported devices list.

2 people liked this

SimonPeach
Regular

Yamaha RX-V581 not on the list, but same issue happening here.  Happen to have an Amazon Fire 4K plugged in to an HDMI port on the Yamaha... have loaded Spotify app and now testing... played three tracks then went silent even though track appears to be playing on the screen...  used Fire remote to skip to next track and it plays...  will keep testing.

SUGGESTED POSTS