Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

3 people liked this

Re: Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...

Nidge
Casual Listener

Exactly the same issues with my Yamaha RX-A670 (which I bought in February specifically for Spotify connect). It had been working perfectly until Friday when the random pause/freeze issue started. I have downloaded Deezer and Tidal which work fine but have a much inferior UX. I really hope this can be solved soon- it’s beyond annoying!

4 people liked this

Re: Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...

freibeuter
Regular

As Spotify does not seem to be willing giving us support, here some facts I found out:

• The "Why can’t I use Spotify on my speaker?" seems to have been updated very recently, list of unsupported clients was much smaller in april (see wayback machine)
  • In february some media reported Spotify will remove custom integration from speakers (i.e. standalone apps running on those devices) and roll out Spotify connect instead (which we all seem to use)
  • A few days ago Spotify seems to have changed something on their backend causing erros on a lot of devices from different distributers
  • Playing songs still works using Spotify connect on those devices, just some random pauses occure -> service does not seem to be shut down completely
  • Pioneer (I looked up this vendor as I have a product of them) still lists Spotify Connect as a feature for some affected devices

So what could we do? Most probably ask Spotify using social media in order to get some response as they seem to ignore threads on this site.

As a final consequence I would cancel Spotify Premium and send in my device to Pioneer as I still have warranty and advertised feature is not working.

3 people liked this

MikeyDo68
Casual Listener

Same here on a Yamaha RX-V679. Songs stop playing, go back to beginning, then refuse to play.

Pleas fix.

6 people liked this

qwyxldex
Gig Goer

So since Spotify seem to be ignoring this issue  - on twitter @spotifycares are still providing pointless suggestions - e.g. restart device/reinstall app/check their home network...

Should we try and get some of the technology press involved? A bit of coordinated tweeting to Engadget/Gizmodo/Techradar/The Verge, etc... might make Spotify take more notice?

It's pretty ridiculous that Spotify have bricked a premium feature on lots of expensive audio devices and aren't owning up to it. Can we draw some more attention to it!?

2 people liked this

Lionel25
Casual Listener

Hi,

i guess you can do that, not to force spotify to react but essentially to warn people that buying such devices right now is not a good idea waiting for spotify official position. 

2 people liked this

Nidge
Casual Listener

I always believe in giving an organisation the opportunity to put things right, but in this instance Spotify seem to be unwilling or unable to grasp the extent of the issue, and simply trotting out useles “switch it off and on again” type advice is beginning to grate. 

3 people liked this

n_farrow

Just to add I'm also affected on a Yamaha RN602, playing from either an android or ios phone (makes no difference) I'm getting the music pause at random intervals. Sometimes I can play 3 or 4 songs before it stops, sometimes it stops halfway through the first song. It's extremely inconvenient! 

1 person liked this

freibeuter
Regular

At the moment it works quite normal, was able to play 10-15 songs in a row. Hopefully this will be fixed soon for all users.

1 person liked this

blacklord049
Music Fan

I'll try again tomorrow

qwyxldex
Gig Goer

Still randomly pausing on Yamaha RX-V483 for me :-(

SUGGESTED POSTS