Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

Spotify Connect Broken: Randomly Pausing (Yamaha AVR, Gramofon, Panasonic, Samsung and others...)

Edited 8 May 2018 (original post below).

On ~3rd May Spotify Connect started randomly pausing (in my case on Yamaha hardware) on a range of devices - rendering their Spotify capbility unusuable.

We've since established that this is a problem affecting lots of devices from lots of manufacturers: which all points to something in the Spotify platform itself being at fault.

We do seem to be getting somewhere with recent reports that Spotify support and manufacturers are looking into this....

What you can do right now:

-Continue to tweet Spotify support if you're experiencing this - let them know the scale of the problem.

-Please continue to add updates to this thread.

-Tag your affected device in your post to associate it with this thread.

-Contact your device manufacturer to let them know.

Original post:

---

Hi,

For the last few days Spotify connect has started randomly pausing when playing on my Yamaha RX-V483 AV receiver. Firrmware version 1.28 and using Spotify connect from OS X, app version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 or iOS 8.4.51.696.

Playback on the app itself is fine. The Yamaha unit has a wired LAN connection, and I can observe from the traffic monitor on my router that it just stops streaming audio at random. It has been flawless forever until ~3 May.

On twitter @spotifycares advised me to try logging out and in of all devices, and they also 'reset my offline cache' which didn't help.

Others on twitter seem to be having similar issues, e.g: https://twitter.com/hydroxyde/status/992415130511118337

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/992696323064418305

The latest response from @spotifycares is that my amplifier 'no longer supports spotify connect'. It's a bit ridiculous if this is the case. I've received no notice from Spotify or Yamaha.

I'd be interested in hearing from other who are experiencing similar problems.

This needs taking up with Spotify/Yamaha if support has been silently dropped!

271 Replies

Seems that everything did back to normal with my Spotify and Yamaha RX-V483.

Now testing Yamaha RX-V581 and hoping the good news applies here too..

But, and it’s a big BUT...  I signed up to Deezer HiFi whilst seeking an alternative and the sound quality is so much better!  

Do I stay with Spotify, or do I go?  Is the much higher subscription for Deezer HiFi worth it?  Will Spotify sound quality satisfy me ever again?

The problem seems solved also for me (GGMM M3).

Yesterday and this mornig no stop playing, streaming music both from my Android phone and my Macbook pro!

Edit 9 May: Now broken again - i.e. randomly pausing

---

Original message (working fine on evening of 8th May) :

Back to normal for me on Yamaha RX-V483 and Azatom Stealth Air.

No app updates, no firmware updates. It's almost as if it was a spotify platform problem...

Shame the response from @SpotifyCares and @SpotifyStatus was so bad.

Doesn't fill me with confidence 😞

Anyway, at least the music is back!

Unfortunately I think my joy was too fast. Once again my music did stop play randomly few times. I think now I can to listen some longer time, but eventually it stops. Guys, Could you please check it again from your side ?

Please check if you are using 2.5 or 5 Ghz Wifi with your smartphones or any other mobile devices. Just for my curiosity.

I use both: 2,4 and 5 GHz.

Nothing changed from my side: no firmware-updates, no software-updates.

Everything works fine since over 12 hours now without pausing on all of my devices (only spotify-connect-devices were affected)

Hi Simon,

I also have the RX V581, whereas before a song would end and the next song in the playlist would not begin. Now songs just randomly stop at any point in the song, could be 5 seconds in, could be 2 mins. 

Have you had any problems since posting this? (in regards to sound quality, have you changed you spotify settings to playback and download Extreme quality)

@SimonPeach wrote:

Now testing Yamaha RX-V581 and hoping the good news applies here too..

But, and it’s a big BUT...  I signed up to Deezer HiFi whilst seeking an alternative and the sound quality is so much better!  

Do I stay with Spotify, or do I go?  Is the much higher subscription for Deezer HiFi worth it?  Will Spotify sound quality satisfy me ever again?

I saw an update on my android phone as my default storage location reverted to the local storage plus I had to download all my offline music

The problem persists though on my Gramofon. As this connects directly I do not see the relevence of the android version

This is a Spotify to gramoGra issue and it is (still driving me mad)

Still got the issue here! Yamaha RN602. Had 40 mins playback, thought it was fixed but just paused now. 

Also I am again having this issue with my Pioneer HM82. Has been good for 2 days

The worst thing is that we do not have any response from Spotify officially here.

@freibeuter wrote:

Also I am again having this issue with my Pioneer HM82. Has been good for 2 days

Your X-HM82 will stop working completely with Spotify Connect in time - mine doesn’t work at all now. It’s on the list of unsupported products and no longer shows up under ‘available devices’. 

Its scandalous that neither Spotify nor Pioneer seem to be doing anything about it, despite the rumours on some threads here that they are working on a solution.

@Welshchris Your X-HM82 will stop working completely with Spotify Connect in time - mine doesn’t work at all now. It’s on the list of unsupported products and no longer shows up under ‘available devices’. 

It's not. Had a closer look, only X-HM82D affected, normal HM82 still supported. Definitly a backend issue.

Those reporting it had been fixed got my hopes up, but no change for me, still pausing intermittently with the yamaha wx-010 

Yesterday the situation seemed good but this evening my Yamaha CDN670D blocks continuously.

The problem already exists.

Unfortunately, in my case (yamaha rx-v479) the same today. Yesterday was ok and today there were about the same problems as before. Worst of all, I supose that the spotify guys are rummaging on a living organism. They do not have any test environment and once they fix something, other time they will broke something else. Worse still, it seems to me that the quality is getting worse. On my yamaha doesn't make any difference anymore whether you play through bluetooth or spotify connect. It is certainly not 320 kbps. Probably after so many years in spotify it's time to start testing tidal 😞

I had hopes that it was getting better... yesterday I was able to play entire playlists without any problems. But today it's back to being glitchy, pausing and stopping again at random. Come on, Spotify! 

The problem still excist on my Yamaha receiver. With Airplay from all my Apple devices it works just fine.

Same problem with my ONKYO TX-NR616! Spotify Connect radomaly pasues! Been working flawless for several years and now this all of a suddan, wth? MAD!
If this is not fixed fast I will cancel my subscriptions, I will not pay for something that's not working!

AAAAAAAAAAAH!

No, GGMM M3 still have problem... I thought it was fixed because for 2 days it works well...

Some of the spotify boy is reading here????

I'm plannig to go with deezer...

Suggested posts