Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium in Win 10 using EMU 0404 DAC

Spotify Premium in Win 10 using EMU 0404 DAC

I am considering Spotify Premium but am unsure if it can be configured for the following set-up: Windows 10 on an HP laptop (SSD) -> EMU 0404 USB DAC -> Cambridge Audio C500 Control Preamp -> Paradigm Active 40 powered speakers. I tried the free version of Spotify but it wouldnt talk to the DAC.

Thanks!

4 Replies

Hey there!

This seems like it would be more of a hardware issue.

Try another output source, I would also suggest that you check your cables.

I really hope this gets resolved for you!

Have an awesome day!

Thanks for your reply. I have been using the EMU 0404 successfully for a number of years with iTunes and other music sources on the laptop. However, it does not seem to work with the free version of Spotify. I was wondering if anyone had success with Premium and EMU before I sign up.

Hey there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

No luck, I'm afraid. I signed up for premium butSpotify still ignores my Emu 0404. Creative Labs have not supported the Emu since they bought them out years ago and the Windows 10 drivers have been written by others, so its not surprising. I'll start a new thread re USB DACs in general.

Suggested posts