Spotify on Denon CEOL N8

Solved!
2 people liked this

Spotify on Denon CEOL N8

Music Lover
‎2016-02-15 10:25 PM

Since February 2016, 13th, I can't search songs or artists on my Denon CEOL N8 device anymore. I still can read playlists and starred songs. It seems that the browser doesn't work anymore. Does someone encounter the same issue?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
1 person liked this

Re: Spotify on Denon CEOL N8

Concert VIP
2 weeks ago

HEY there!

With the Firmware Update this Week the DENON CEOL N8 now supports Spotify Connect!!! GREAT!!! I never thougt this update would happen after all the years! 

Spotify now dissapears from Menu – but now therefore the great Spotify Connect Feature is there!

Concert Regular
2 weeks ago
yes, that saved Denon's reputation hugely.

It works like a charm, PC, phone whatever can control CEOL now. just perfect.
8 Replies

Concert Regular
‎2016-02-16 05:49 PM
yes, me too! I've just come back from retailer where i left it for varanty repair. Last two days of varanty. I hope they won't refuse with 3rd party issue. Will keep you informed!
Vladimir

Concert VIP
‎2016-02-16 06:27 PM

It's not a problem with your own unit. Spotify has changed the Metadata API.

Search also didn't work anymore on older Onkyo receivers and Squeezeboxes.

Concert Regular
‎2016-02-16 06:46 PM
It's an issue of the device firmware as it doesn't follow the new API. If it's still in varanty so should work the same way as it was sold, shouldn't it? I would expect Denon to provide updated firmware but CEOL N-8 is even not listed on their website. Funny situation.
Anyway, I think the change is codable in matter of weeks (if not days) so probably worth doing instead of facing all these possible warranty claims.

Gig Goer
‎2016-02-18 08:07 AM

My Denon CEOL piccolo DRA N5 quit being able to search as well. Hope Denon and Spotify work out an update for the firmware some time soon or I will be seeking some redress. There was nothing to say that it might not be usable at any time Spotify decides to change something. 

1 person liked this

Music Lover
‎2016-02-23 09:34 PM

I assume that modufications have been made as it is working again...

Concert Regular
‎2016-02-23 10:55 PM

Any firmware update? I can imagine some legacy API from Spotify to be introduced.

My device still in warranty cycle. Hope they'll return it soon :-)

Thanks for info.

1 person liked this

Concert VIP
2 weeks ago

HEY there!

With the Firmware Update this Week the DENON CEOL N8 now supports Spotify Connect!!! GREAT!!! I never thougt this update would happen after all the years! 

Spotify now dissapears from Menu – but now therefore the great Spotify Connect Feature is there!

Concert Regular
2 weeks ago
yes, that saved Denon's reputation hugely.

It works like a charm, PC, phone whatever can control CEOL now. just perfect.