Spotify remote function on smartwatch not working

Solved!
11 people liked this

Spotify remote function on smartwatch not working

Chass98
Casual Listener

Hi all, my problem is that out of nowhere, the remote function on my Gear S3 smartwatch spotify app no longer works at all. The watch is connected to my Samsung S9 through bluetooth, and the remote worked perfectly fine up until last week when it simply stopped. Now all I get are error messages telling me to either open the app on my phone, or to connect via bluetooth; neither of those make sense, as the devices are already connected! The spotify Connect service seems to work fine between the devices; it's just the basic bluetooth remote that's faulty. When I attempt a remote connection, it DOES open the spotify app on my phone, but immediately afterwards I get the error messages. I can't find a trace of anyone else having this problem, so I'm stumped. I've tried reinstalling the apps on both devices, I've tried hard resetting the watch, I've even tried using a spotify test account. Same result every time, being nothing. Anyone have a clue what this gremlin is?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 2 people liked this

Re: Spotify remote function on smartwatch not working

Nameexchange
Regular

Solution is already described and works, see here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Gear-S3-remote-issues/td-p/4616868. My comment with "how to" got deleted and god knows why but google how to rollback to an older version and you'll be ok. Atm you won't get any help from the Spotify guys.

The only problem left for me is if I have WiFi active on my phone I can't remote connect. As soon as I turn it off it connects automaticly.

Solution! 1 person liked this

Jauza
Regular

I linked the same solution, apparently nobody noticed? Well, I shrunk the link in the "here" text, so maybe it was easy to miss.

22 Replies
1 person liked this

Thomas011

I have the exact same problem with my galaxy watch and galaxy S9. Think it may be a problem with the phones bluetooth/how it responds to the watch, when it opens Spotify on phone? Perhaps the phone does not let the watch know it has successfully opened causing the error message to appear. 

1 person liked this

galaxyben

Same issue here!
What I think it's happening is that when we actualize the app, somehow bugged our spotify app in our watch. But sadly I don't know how to fix it.

5 people liked this

Kamal_K_

Hi there. 

Relieved I'm not the only one! 

When I go to choose remote on my Galaxy Watch, Spotify will open on the phone. But then my music isnt opened on Spotify on the watch.. 

I get:

'' Unable to start Spotify, connect to Bluetooth to start listening"

And it has begun only recently for me too. 

Sorry if I'm not actually helping, but I just wanted to clarify the exact process of trying the remote option! 

XeroEncryption
Regular

I have the same problem - using Galaxy S9 + Gear S3.

1 person liked this

Nameexchange
Regular

Same problem with my galaxy watch and S9+ ... my most used app is broken and no one from spotify or samsung is taking action. What a bunch of ... you know what.

sebastagnaro
Casual Listener

Same problem with S9 anda Gear S3.  Last versión installed in  both devices. 

strong1982

Same problem, Note 9, Gear S3...super frustrating!

Kingcmandaman
Casual Listener

good to know I'm not the only one dealing with this mess

surya2003

Same here in Galaxy watch 46mm

SUGGESTED POSTS