Spotify remote function on smartwatch not working

Solved!

Re: Spotify remote function on smartwatch not working

Lupick
Casual Listener

Same here.  I've been using Spotify remote from my Gear S3 for at least a year and now all of a sudden it stopped working. It will only connect via Wifi as a standalone but the remote function won't connect to the phone app via Bluetooth. 

Settings show my Gear and phone are successfully connected via Bluetooth.  Whenever my Gear notifies me that it is 'Unable to start Spotify -  connect to Bluetooth to start listening', the Spotify app launches on my phone - but that's pretty much the extent of the connection.  

I just upgraded to a Samusung S9+, but the remote function worked fine with the new phone for a week or so before stopping.  I've tried re-installing Spotify on both phone and Gear, but so far I still can't use the remote function... :'(

4 people liked this

Chass98
Casual Listener

Can we get a response from moderators or Spotify please?? Clearly this is not an isolated problem, and I reported it more than a week ago. Customer service guys, come on

M4tth1js

I have the same problem. Thought It was because of my phone. I have a Samsung galaxy watch 46mm with an Oneplus 3T. Good to hear I'm not the only one. Hopefully spotify will take a look at their app on Samsung watches. 

1 person liked this

Jauza
Regular

Hello,

I have the same problem with Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro's Spotify app, the remote mode stopped working some time ago and when I select the remote mode, it loads for a long time and then throws a message: "Unable to start Spotify, Connect to Bluetooth to start listening", although my Gear is connected by Bluetooth and other synchronization works.

At quick glance there are a few topics dealing with this same issue with different Tizen-operated devices and someone seems to have found a solution over here, by rolling back some versions of Spotify on the phone. I haven't tested if that works, but feel free to try if you like. I think I'm just going to wait for an update.

Cmater12
Casual Listener

I'm having the same problem. Galaxy watch 42mm with my S9. I just can't control my phones music with my watch, and it's really bothering me. I'm not getting any sort of message although.

Cmater12
Casual Listener

I'm having the same problem. Galaxy watch 42mm with my S9. I just can't control my phones music with my watch, and it's really bothering me. I'm not getting any sort of message although.

Solution! 2 people liked this

Nameexchange
Regular

Solution is already described and works, see here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Gear-S3-remote-issues/td-p/4616868. My comment with "how to" got deleted and god knows why but google how to rollback to an older version and you'll be ok. Atm you won't get any help from the Spotify guys.

The only problem left for me is if I have WiFi active on my phone I can't remote connect. As soon as I turn it off it connects automaticly.

Lupick
Casual Listener

@Nameexchange - Thanks so much - that worked for me.  I uninstalled Spotify, reinstalled the older version (8.4.79.612) and disabled auto update on Spotify.  Worked like a charm!  Thank you!! 

Chass98
Casual Listener

Legend mate, thank you. Works a charm, that's one less headache for me

Solution! 1 person liked this

Jauza
Regular

I linked the same solution, apparently nobody noticed? Well, I shrunk the link in the "here" text, so maybe it was easy to miss.

SUGGESTED POSTS