Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount Not Working

Solved!

Student Discount Not Working

I had a premium account but I unsubscibed because I am eligible for a student discount but now that I am trying to join spotify again through student discount it is not allowing me to? 

Answers much appreciated 

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@kgd_89 

You're probably right. The best thing to do is, indeed, to contact Customer Service. Just make sure you reply directly to the confirmation email (the one with your case number) and someone will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

44 Replies

What if you have preimum and want to switch to student pricing? i did it last month and this month i still got charged the preimum price. When i go to the student section and click get started it brings me to my account page?

My last post wasn't as clear as I wanted it to be, so I'm posting another one.

@user-removed Quoting a post from the help boards:

"You likely didn’t sign up through the Spotify Premium U.S. Student Discount website.
But you can still do so. The discount will be applied on the next renewal date, which is in your subscription status. "

@NB93 If you're still a premium user, follow the steps here. If they didn't solve the issue, please contact support.

You can contact support and they'll help you get your discount.
If you receive an automated email directing you to the community and/or help boards, make sure you reply directly to that email and an agent will get back to you as soon as possible.

@NB93:

I am having the same issue. I just signed up for a Spotify Premium account yesterday, 11/21/14. I followed the steps outlined in the FAQ section, but after I click the link to go to the verification page, I'm redirected back to my account settings page with a message at the top that says, "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again." I tried multiple times and received the same error message. I then tried accessing the verification page through the "Manual Verification" link, and after being verified and following the link saying "click here to be redirected back to Spotify to claim your offer," I receive the same error message that I recevied previously when trying to access the offer - "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again." Did you receive the same type of error message?

I've already sent a request to Customer Service because I believe this is an internal issue within their system. I believe sending in a request to them is going to be the only way to resolve the issue, especially if it is a problem within their system.

Marked as solution

@kgd_89 

You're probably right. The best thing to do is, indeed, to contact Customer Service. Just make sure you reply directly to the confirmation email (the one with your case number) and someone will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Hey, have you heard back from them? I'm facing the same problem. It keeps saying"

"Oops! Something went wrong, please try again." No matter how many times I try.

Thanks!

Hey everyone! 

I can confirm that the payments team is tracking this issue down and a fix should be out soon! In the mean time, if you haven't already, contact the payments team through the contact form to get you situated. If you receive a "no-reply" directing you back to the community, please reply to it and you will be connected with an agent that will be more than happy to assist you! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Im still not able to get the student discount it keeps saying "Oops something went wrong"

I'm still having an issue with it as well. I'm going to wait for mine to go back to being a free account and then try to upgrade again using the Student Discount link.

Hey @NB93 and @kgd_89

At the moment there is no new update for this. I've bumped the escalation again and Spotify is still actively looking into this.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Has anyone figured this out yet?!  I have struggled for the past two months to get my student discount applied and exactly the same issue.  I've been in touch with customer service and i did all the same tricks to no avail.  I saw in another thread that this has been an issue since at least early 2014.  Which means spotify has had more than enough time to fix all this.  Which also makes me think spotify doesn't want to fix this which means this is all false advertising and grounds for a class action lawsuit since that could easily equal millions of dollars of stolen profits.

So whats up spotify?  When yall gonna get your act together?

I'm not suprised Spotify haven't replied.

I think the student ruse is an elaborate Con, get a student hooked when for payment option to expire then force a £9.99 bill instead of the legally entitiled £4.99 bill by pretending theres a "problem" with the account

@MillanR 

Sorry for the trouble! There is currently a glitch with the student discount page for some people. The website team is still trying to fix it.

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Don't feel bad. It's March and they have not fixed this problem or responding to my emails or my DM's on Twitter. Terrible. They once told me it was solved and still tried to bill me 9.99. I think support has to be full of incompetent people.

@Crangoose 

I have forwarded your post to the support team at Spotify. Hopefully someone will be in contact at the start of the week.

If you have a case number from support, please post it here. (8 digit number)

Thanks for your patience.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Add me to the list of people with problems getting the student discount. I've traded four emails at this point basically telling me to do the same thing. The last reply directed me to the Spanish language version of the site. This is getting to the point of being comically bad customer service.

May as well add me to the list of people who've just been charged for $10 after siging on through the .com/student page.

It's pretty misleading to keep linking the /student page if it's going to re-direct me to the standard subscription page.

It's not only misleading it's false advertising and hence illegal

@__azmi 

I have forwarded your post to the support team at Spotify. Hopefully someone will be in contact soon.

If you have a case number from support, please post it here. That would be a plus. (8 digit number)

Thanks for your patience.

MattSudaSpotify Star

@mattsuda I can copy and paste about 8 different case numbers and numerous emails including how many times I have emailed SheerID and it's been verified already and it still doesn't work. I have received numerous emails from different support people and each one has a different reply. It is a constant loop. Bottom line the support staff sucks. There is no way around it. It would be nice to speak to someone. Numerous random emails from different people is not professional. I can understand a glitch in the system but seriously how long does that take to fix? If there is a glitch why not take it down until it's fixed? Apparently it is a growing constant problem that Spotify seems not to address and the support team in lacking horribly. The issue is simple either manually add the student discount especially if I am already verified or just tell me it doesn't exist. Skip all the dramatics and saying there is a glitch they are working on it blah blah blah. It has been over a week and that's old. I like Spotify however I don't like misleading advertisement and BS excuses on why it can't get fixed.

Suggested posts