Tips for contributing to the Spotify Community

Solved!

Re: Tips for contributing to the Spotify Community

Rorey
Spotify Legend

Indeed.  I admit they could be clearer.  As you've probably noticed, we have hundreds of ideas and some of them are a categorize.  Ideally, the status would 'say it all' so to speak, but sometimes a loose definition is needed on top of the status title. I'm open to other status title suggestions.

Fair enough about the idea linking.  Our thought in these situations is most likely coming from a place of "lets prioritize the consolidation of the discussions so the idea gets a fair amount of votes indicitive of it's popularity".  Regardless, you're right.  Please point us to more of the popular ideas which need updates.  I honestly thought "Discount Family Subscriptions" had a status.  I will remedy this now. 

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Repeat TRACK Mode hasn't really had an update since it was changed to "under consideration" on GetSatisfaction several years ago. I moved the idea over at the launch of the new community. The idea has the same status as it had on GetSatisfaction, but it would be nice if someone at Spotify could give us an update. It has been "under consideration" for several years. It's not going to stay as "under consideration" forever, right? I heard this feature might be implemented eventually and that it's not a priority.

It would be nice to give the idea an update and let everyone know what's up. =)

Idea Link:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Repeat-TRACK-Mode/idi-p/1367'

UPDATE: 

It worries me that Spotify hasn't implemented this popular simple idea from 4 years ago, but instead they implement more complex newer ideas.

If you ask some people -- this has been a request since the luanch of Spotify.

I love Spotify, but it hurts that a simple feature like this gets passed up every time new features are rolled out.

I feel like I'm living in the 1990s with no repeat track mode anywhere to be found within Spotify.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

digimon93

ok

Liam
Community Legend
Is every reply a solution ;)

Nice post. Didn't read it though. Will soon, when I'm not tired :)

kewlkatycat
Casual Listener

Is there a way that users can create communities? I've been trying to, but I can't seem to find a way. Could someone tell me if there is a way? Thank you!

KatyCats stay KatyCats forever

licenced
Community Legend
Hi there. What do you mean by creating a community?
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Liam
Community Legend
If you mean make a forum, download or buy a forum software such as vBulletin or lithium.

Install it onto a site, and set it up :)

kewlkatycat
Casual Listener

Yeah, I mean to make a forum. But make one on Spotify. Is there a way to do that?

KatyCats stay KatyCats forever
1 person liked this

Liam
Community Legend

@kewlkatycat wrote:

Yeah, I mean to make a forum. But make one on Spotify. Is there a way to do that?

No, there is no way to do this.

If you want to make your own forum, you would have to get the hosting provider, and get the forum software and set it all up.

This community is for help with Spotify - they paid lithium to provide this forum for them.

licenced
Community Legend
You can make posts within one of the forum areas. You can't make new forum areas, though if you have an idea of one and spotify agree they could split off your idea I to a new section.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
SUGGESTED POSTS