Tips for contributing to the Spotify Community

Solved!

Re: Tips for contributing to the Spotify Community

hector23
Music Fan

I think it would be great if we could add small descriptions to our playlists so that people viewing them might have some idea of what we were trying to get across by making a playlist other than simply the tunes in it.  It might also be of assistance while doing searches so that it would be possible to leverage the users contributions to the overall spotify experience

Peter__
Community Legend

Be sure to add your vote here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Customization-of-playlists-cover-and-description-box/i...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Gidyin
Community Legend
Is there anywhere you can view the different levels of community ranks and how to achieve them?

1 person liked this

Peter__
Community Legend
@Gidyin - Sure! Right here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Community-Ranks-How-do-they-work/m-p/1969...

Peter

PaulyB1965

Hi all,

Quite new to spotify, but I'm just starting to put some playlists together. My particular interests are 80's (Mostly Brittish and Australian artists), I'm starting to transfer my vinyl and cassette collection to digital so as I go along I'll be able to add more.

Cheers

Paul

Peter__
Community Legend
@PaulyB1965 - Welcome to the community!! :)

Peter

gibson81

Hi all!

I have used Spotify for about two years, and one feature I have always missed. To RATE the songs. For example in Windows Media Player you can rate your songs 1-5 stars, just so you get my picture. I would like Spotify to become the musical equivalent of Internet Movie Database (IMDB). There's many reasons why I would like a rating system on Spotify.

1). I always like to rate the songs I listen to, simply because I like it, and it's always much easier if I want to make a new playlist, because I can sort the songs I like the best on the top and the songs I like the least in the bottom. When I did this in WMP it was always nice to see the average score of every album.

2). It would be nice to see one column with your own rating, and next column is the average rating by all the other users. Then you can compare your taste to the rest of the world.

3). For the same reason it would be nice to see what songs that have the highest ratings around the world. Maybe there's a song I never listened to before? Or maybe whole album full of great songs I never heard of? I think it will be much easier to find unknonwn music with this system. A bit like IMDB ( that's why I brough it up). Numerous of times I have watched great movies with high rating on IMDB. Maybe a movie I never would have watched otherwise, but thanks to the high rating I give it a chance. 

Today the only feature is how often a song is played, it might be interesting sometimes too, but it says nothing how "good" is the song. It just reveals it's a very popular song in the moment. But we all know there's many **bleep**ty songs that is popular for month and later forgotten, while some songs are masterpieces forever.

Personally I would appreciate a rating system very much. 

Samuel7
Roadie
Hi Rorey Jones. Can I give any outbound link for any specific question?
Expert

Samuel7
Roadie
May I give any external link so that it can be convenient ?
Expert

Rorey
Spotify Legend

Hey @Samuel7. Can you give an example of what you were thinking? 

SUGGESTED POSTS