Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Too Many Ads!!!

Solved!

Too Many Ads!!!

I've noticed a serious ramping up of the advertisements Spotify plays. Seems like it's an ad every 2 or 3 tracks, whereas it used to be you could listen to an entire album and maybe only hear 1 or 2 ads. I'm not sure if this is more an effort to get people to sign up for Spotify Premium or simply a way to generate more advertising money. Regardless, it's super annoying and makes me want to go back to good ol' piracy as my primary way for listening to music.

23 Replies

@JasonPrice - That is exactly what I needed to escalate this! 

Reporting right now.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the screenshot, @JasonPrice - it does seem like too many ads so we'll ask around and see if anything's broken. When did you notice the ad amount increase?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Probably a week or 2 ago.

Hey guys 🙂 

In response to an increase in reports of excessive audio advertising on Spotify free, I have opened it as a bug here on the community so we can gather all of the information in one place. The bugs topic has some requested details on it, if you haven't already provided all of those details on this topic, if you could do so on the bugs topic it would really help. 

So we can keep all of the discussion in one place (over on the bugs topic), I am going to lock this topic for now. 

Thanks!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts