Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to open SMS links in Spotify - opens add.adjust.com

Unable to open SMS links in Spotify - opens add.adjust.com

Hi.  My links won't work (ie: songs sent to me by text) I used to be able to tap the link and it would take me to Spotify to hear the song.  

Now when I tap the link it takes me to add.adjust.com, then to the App Store, back to Spotify without playing the specific song I'm looking for. 

This is new and just started happening today.  Anyone out there who could help fix this?  Thanks 

27 Replies

Help's arrived, @Parnell!

Would you be able to share what device, operating system and version of Spotify you're using? Also, any screenshots of the error and the steps you followed to recreate this would help so much! 🙂

Cheers!

Hi thanks so much for the reply!

I have an iPhone/iPad, spotify premium, and these are the steps that happen. 🙂

if my man sends me a song/link I used to be able to click on it and it would take me directly to the song on the spotify page.  

Now it takes me to app.adjust.com then to the App Store.  When I click on the spotify app icon it takes me to spotify without connecting me to the song. 

Sooo takes me in a circle to nothing and nowhere.

maybe you can help me 🙂

Thanks-Kerri 

image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks for that, @Parnell

Would you also mind sending over your device model, OS and Spotify version? I'd really love to get you going 🙂

Cheers!

Hmmmmmm

So.....can you help me with that type of information. Hopefully. Cause what a drag, I miss mucks sharing 😉

Thanks so much,
hanging tight- Parnell

Sure, @Parnell!

You can get:

Cheers!

I've had the same thing start happening in the last few days. I'm on ios 11.2.6, iphone SE, spotify premium, version 8.4.45.564

Thanks for those details, @mdp!

Just to check...
- Do you have the Spotify app downloaded on your iOS device? Or, do you listen only via the web player on your phone?
- How are you sending the song? Is this directly from iMessage > by clicking Spotify in 'App Store for iMessage'? Or, is this via Spotify > Share > Messages?

Let me know! 🔍

I get Songs and playlists from friends as sms and when I click at the link chrome will open up and ask if I want to play on Spotify. Earlier this button opened up Spotify. Now it only shows a question if I want to go to App-store. What has happened? Is there a solution?

Hey folks,

Thanks for the recent reports of this!
We've merged a few threads together, so that we can better help out.

If you’re having this issue, we'd recommend clicking +VOTE at the top of this thread.

In the meantime, if you've not already please can you let us know the info as requested by @user-removed:

- Do you listen via the Spotify app on your iOS device?

- If you're the sender: How are you sending the song? Is this directly from iMessage > by clicking Spotify in 'App Store for iMessage'? Or, is this via Spotify > Share > Messages?
- Which version of iOS are you running?
- Can you send us a screenshot of the display appearing when this happens?

Many thanks 🙂

/M

Thank you for helping out!

I use the Spotify App

ios 11.2 

she is sending the songs from her app straight to a group in WhatsApp 9875D60A-8A11-4293-A01B-C657513612B7.jpeg

Upgraded to iOS 11.3 and also the latest Spotify app but still the same. 

Have at least 3 more friends with the same problem. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for letting us know that this is still happening.
We've gone ahead and reported this to our tech team now, and we hope to hear more soon.

In the meantime, If you’re having this issue please be sure to click +VOTE at the top of this thread.

Stay tuned,

/M

Hi @Parnell@CR32 and @mdp,

We've just spoken to our team again and they'd like to know the following:

Have you downloaded the app from your device's app store, or are you running a BETA version of the app?

Keep us posted!

The app on mine and the senders telephone are downloaded from Apples App-store. No beta versions.

CR32

I don't know what a BETA version is? Sorry 😐 and don't recall how I got the app on my devices.
-Parnell

Hey, @Parnell and @CR32

Thanks for keeping us posted! We've passed this info along.

In the meantime, If you’re having this issue please be sure to click +VOTE at the top of this thread.

Please also let us know if you've not already:
> Have you downloaded the app from your device's app store, or are you running a BETA version of the app?

All the best,

/M

Hey folks,

Just a quick heads up that we’re still looking into this.

In the meantime, we’ve moved your thread back to the Help Board. We’ll continue to update you from here.

Stay tuned!

I have this same problem. 

I have the exact same problem and have had it for ages. Sms links trigger «open in App Store?» (yes) > App store (press open Spotify) > Spotify opens, but not the song.

I end up having to search for the song. Takes a bit og the joy away..not to mention sending someone a song and have them jump through hoops to listen. 

It is an old issue. Surprised you sound surprised to hear about it!

On a Premium, new version, latest ios, IPhone 6Plus.

Suggested posts