Why Is Spotify Such a Buggy Piece of **bleep**?

Why Is Spotify Such a Buggy Piece of **bleep**?

Music Fan
‎2013-04-06 09:15 PM

No seriously, I would like to understand why this app is unable to launch half the time, and crashes the other half of the time. 100% of the time I have a message at telling me to restart Spotify to run the latest version, yet no matter how many times I restart or update this message persists--alas, it seems I am forever doomed to run an old version.

Also, is there any explanation as to why the user experience is so vastly different across devices? I am a premium subscriber, and cannot search playlists for instance on mobile devices, cannot airplay from my laptop, and cannot in any way on any device have any type of conversation with other users but through Fb messaging.

I look through these message boards and see that other users have had these very same issues for over two years now, so my hope for these issues to be addressed is nonexistent.

It shouldn't be difficult for pretty much anybody to do this better, and I sincerely hope that day comes sooner rather than later.

4 Replies

Re: Why Is Spotify Such a Buggy Piece of **bleep**?

Community Legend
‎2013-04-06 10:28 PM

It would help if you didn't swear, as well as if you told us your operating system ;)

If it a Mac, then if you are running OS X 10.5 or less, then 0.8.8 won't work with it - you will have to upgrade Mac OS X to get the latest version.

Liam

Highlighted

‎2013-04-08 04:00 PM
spriss100 - What operating system are you using?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Music Lover
‎2015-10-24 06:37 PM

I completely agree with you. I have been faithful to Spotify but all of these bugs make for a crappy experiance. 

I am using Windows 7. I have the latest version of Spotify, as I always update. However, I seem to always run into problems adding songs to playlists. Dragging things around. etc... 

Music Fan
‎2015-12-22 02:59 AM

agreed, buggy buggy buggy pain in the butt.   I have Windows 10, brand new laptop, intel 6th gen.   Spotify audio regularly cuts out while song is still playing, player crashes, close it to restart but it wont restart, have to go to task manager to close spotify processes and then re-start, i have uninstalled and re-installed, no improvement, did compatibility troubleshooter, no improvement.  will give up soon.

SUGGESTED POSTS