Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Related Artists/Fans Also Like Disappeared

Solved!

Related Artists/Fans Also Like Disappeared

I'm an artist and my monthly listeners have been solid/increasing. I've had several related artists for months now, suddenly they all disappeared and nothing loads on the tab. How can I get it back? Cheers

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi everyone,

we'd like to share some more info to hopefully clear things up.

The Fans Also Like feature isn’t manually curated. It’s determined by algorithms that use a combination of your fans' listening habits, what’s written about you on Spotify, and music discussions and trends happening around the internet. If you don't have this feature, or it's disappeared, then we likely don't have enough current data to generate artists for Fans Also Like on your profile right now.

To help generate more data:

• Stay active on social media and encourage your fans to tune in to your music within Spotify.
  • Create and share artist playlists with descriptive titles to give us a better picture of the right artists to match you with. Start by adding your music, songs you listen to, and artists you’re similar to. And be sure to encourage your fans to follow and stream your playlist!
  • Add a bio to your Spotify artist profile, and the info will be used to form an idea of which artists to pair you with. Start your bio by telling us where you’re from and what sort of music you make.

We also recommend checking out our guide to best practices. Conversations about your music across the internet will help influence the artists that you’re paired with.

Hope you find this useful!, take care and good luck!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @retropxssy

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

It'd be great for you to get in touch with the Artists support folks here regarding your question. 

As a heads-up, it'd also be good for you to take a look at the Stats section of the Spotify for Artists FAQ page if you'd like to know more about how and how often your stats get updated. You'll find this info and more here.  

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator

Ours disappeared as well.  Well, there's one artist remaining in the FAL section.  It was full and looked totally normal for several months and now it's been basically gone for about five days.  All of the other metrics look normal.  Not sure what the problem is.

• Mario...thanks. I am having the same issue with @MikeMontreyBand and have followed the steps you requested. I keep getting generic answers, and frankly, really poor customer service referencing the fact that FAL cannot be "manipulated", which isn't what we're asking. We want to know why something that was there for years vanished completely, especially with an increase in listenership. These categories help people find our music, and Spotify is squashing it. Why? Please help. Thanks.

I have the same problem. I'm sorry to say that the solution you gave are useless. I contacted the support team but their answer was really general and didn't explain why is this issue keep happening. I think that you have to solve this problem by checking with the systems team (or the one that manage artists accounts) to do a research and find the main problem. It is not normal that we all have FAL and suddenly "you don't have enough data to show that information on my profile", that seems ridiculous. 

I seriously ask Spotify to involve in this matter that affect to our careers and distributon. 

I have the Same issue with my Project "Bjorth" since today. The FAL Tab is gone, in consequence of thast also the Artist Radio and of course my Project does not appear on other similair Artists Radio or FAL. I am sure it cannot be related to not enough Data as every stat continusly increasing and I had FAL / Radio for some time now

Same issue with my band CAT CLUB (electronic duo in San Francisco). We were having issues with the algorithm confusing us with another band called "Cat Club" (Rockabilly band in Spain) in a different genre. All of our FAL artists were rockabilly or Spanish. It was a mess.

So I emailed the Spotify team, and they removed our FAL feature. They said it was going to be temporary until the algorithm could better understand our band. That was a long time ago (years?). We really need the feature to be switched on again, and to be correct.

I also noticed that we have a "Go to Artist Radio" button, but it doesn't work. I just get a loading spinner animation that never loads anything.

Something seems clearly wrong with how the algorithm understands our band. As a result, we're not getting playlist correctly, we don't have similar artist, etc. We're in our own weird and lonely void. It's really hurting us.

Even today, when I create a new playlist with just one CAT CLUB (electronic) song, the recommended songs are still rockabilly, Steely Dan, The Eagles, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love those bands. But we are an electronic band. So it's wrong. It gets better if my new playlist has several CAT CLUB songs... but there has to be a solve for this. 🙂

Please help? Thank you so much!

1.png
2.png
Marked as solution

Hi everyone,

we'd like to share some more info to hopefully clear things up.

The Fans Also Like feature isn’t manually curated. It’s determined by algorithms that use a combination of your fans' listening habits, what’s written about you on Spotify, and music discussions and trends happening around the internet. If you don't have this feature, or it's disappeared, then we likely don't have enough current data to generate artists for Fans Also Like on your profile right now.

To help generate more data:

• Stay active on social media and encourage your fans to tune in to your music within Spotify.
  • Create and share artist playlists with descriptive titles to give us a better picture of the right artists to match you with. Start by adding your music, songs you listen to, and artists you’re similar to. And be sure to encourage your fans to follow and stream your playlist!
  • Add a bio to your Spotify artist profile, and the info will be used to form an idea of which artists to pair you with. Start your bio by telling us where you’re from and what sort of music you make.

We also recommend checking out our guide to best practices. Conversations about your music across the internet will help influence the artists that you’re paired with.

Hope you find this useful!, take care and good luck!

Mario Moderator

Suggested posts