30 minutes ad free is a lie..

If I watch an ad for 30 minutes ad free music I'll get an ad sometimes two songs later sometimes 20 minutes later but never a full 30 minutes.

Hey @Pruefus, welcome to the Community!

Can you let us know the device/operating system and Spotify version you were using at the time? Also, do you remember the ad that was played for the 30 minute ad-free offer?

Comments
Alejandro_C
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @Pruefus, welcome to the Community!

Can you let us know the device/operating system and Spotify version you were using at the time? Also, do you remember the ad that was played for the 30 minute ad-free offer?

Namer1994

Same here. 4 songs played

4:36

3:32

3:31

4:26

then ads. I guess we have a different definition of thirty minutes.

benmnewton

Hi,

Same here, I've been noticing this for a while and have just counted 4 songs inbetween too.

The first add was for the Amazon echo and played in full. 4 songs played, of which one was skipped, then another ad. somthing about drink driving. All that was on a PS4 (triggered through the iPhone app).

I've also been frustrated with this for a while on my android phone.

Any clues why the ad's are triggering so often?

Eastowest2

**bleep** what next? Now they want to know the minutes, operating system and what af played in order to resolute? Oh sorry forgot my pen and paper when I was trying to have a good time mate. 

Fact of the matter is these guys are false advertising. No 30 darn minutes between each ad. Just say it and don't make us crazy into paying the premium. Ruthless organization.  Embarrassment. 

beccaboo594

I've been noticing this too for weeks. I'll get get maybe 15 or 20 minutes before the next ad. It's bs and false advertising

Katelynnnn

This happens to me all the time. It's just different Spotify premium ads. I just watched the video for 30 minutes ad free and literally 2 songs played before I got a Spotify premium ad. And I'm jut using my iPhone. 

Lskard
Casual Listener

Right after I get the pop-up asking if I'll watch a sponsor for 30 minutes of ad-free music, I normally would click on it, watch the whole ad, and every time after I get three more ads for "compensation" for suffering the first ad. After this, I get around twenty minutes of ad-free listening.

KevSh

Good to know others are having the same problem. It's usually the Spotify Premium ad that I watch, then another ad or two comes on straight after, then 20 mins of music max, before more ads 😞

spotalie

i am tired of being lied to,  there is no 30 min ad free and so i am never watching your ads...this also begs the question what else is being lied about?  my privacy?  come on spotify...

HGRitticuss
Regular

It doesn't matter what device you are using, it's Spotify regulating their marketing tools towards the audience in a way to make them bat**bleep** crazy into buying their product. 

Related Issues