Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

30 minutes ad-free lasted 10 minutes

Put the kids down last night (Christmas eve), wanted to put on some sleepy-time Christmas music for them, so fired up Spotify.  Straight away, got a 'watch this ad for 30 minutes ad-free'.  Perfect, I think.  I'll watch the Pampers ad, set it to cast to the google mini in the kids room, tell the mini to stop playing in 20 minutes, kiss the kids goodnight, Santa can get to work.  10 minutes later, an obnoxious ad is BLARING from the speaker (I'd turned it up a little because the sleepy-time music is very quiet).  Back for round 2 of putting the kids to bed.... 😒 .... 😓........  Thanks so very much, Spotify..  🙄

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Galaxy S7, casting to google mini

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hey folks, 

We've checked with our tech team and this issue has now been resolved. In case you spot the same app behavior, check for the following:

• Keep the video ad in focus and don't navigate to another app, browser, etc. 
  • Make sure you're not accidentally clicking the "No, thanks" button when prompted to watch the ad. 

In case you still experience the same issue, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board. 

Thanks!

Comments
Petra78

It's interesting to see this problem being reported since 2019. It's mid-2021 and it's still happening: playing 3 adds in the row, every 10 minutes. 

Android: Moto 8

Mmr3

Same issue… watched the ad and 2 songs in, another ad. iOS 14.5.1, listening from Canada, version 8.6.30.968. Don’t click “no thanks” and don’t navigate to another app while it’s playing.

This has been happening for a few weeks - not worth watching the ads anymore.

Rydell

This 30 Min Ad issue is still happening. I watch a video and then After 2 songs it plays an audio ad. It been broken for probably 6months for me. All my devices PC, iPad, & iPhone 11. Is this happening on purpose to play more ads? This has been so annoying, I’ve just been buying music again. The I Don’t have to worry about Spotify’s ad scheme or bad apps when I own it. This is going to effect customers. I’m also Looking for another streaming service. 

Hecot444

Hi I’m having the same problem,

Australia 

Apple IPhone 7, OS version 14.6

Spotify version 8.6.30.968

I watched the 30 second deakin ad claiming to provide 30 minutes of ad free listening and then skipped one song and had to wait through 3 more ads.

This was around 11:30am on the 29/06/2021

Evan271

Same issue

Nord 1+7T, Android 11

Spotify version 8.6.44.851

Listened to "30 minutes ad free"

Get two songs

4 ads in a row followed by "30 minutes ad free"

Switch playlists and listen to one song

4 more ads in a row

I'm basically listening to 50% ads if I listen to music. I am not clicking out of the "30 minutes ad free" when they play.

This seems intentional since this issue is 3 years old now. Haven't looked anywhere for music in a while but this is motivation to. Pandora has probably evolved.

Forescywa

Had this issue start only recently. Samsung S21 Ultra. Spotify version 8.6.46.886.

I get 4 songs (14 minutes of music) before getting ads again. Watch the 30 min ad free video before casting to an Android TV.

SelinaRail

Midwest, United States (on the boarder w/ Canada)

Google Pixel 4

Recently started having this happen to me again and I've definitely been keeping the video ad in focus, don't navigate away from it, and I don't click on the "No, thanks" button. They're not even 10 minutes apart sometimes. If it keeps happening, at this point listening to a playlist on YouTube would be better for me to relax in the morning. 

Raphster

Still getting the issue where I watch your video ads without changing my screen and I only get about 14 minutes off play versus the advertised 30 minutes. Might be moving back to YouTube music.

Haydoc

Don’t you just love how it is marked as ‘fixed’

No amount of having your phone up to date, or staying inside the app, or any other ‘fix’ that they put forth as the answer will help. 
the simple fact is, they give you something and take it away. 
Spotify’s philosophy is, “Annoy them into premium.”  I’m sure it is on a banner in their office, and below it is a whiteboard with a mind map that has things written on it like, ‘varying sound levels for different ads’ or, ‘start giving them ads in different languages that they’ve never interacted with’ and finally, ‘10 mins - not 30 mins ad free!’