[ANDROID] New RTL bug

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Android 6.0.1

Spotify 6.5.0.1816 armV7

If RTL (Right to Left) is enabled either from developer options or because of the system language (Hebrew, Urdu etc.) music can not be played by tapping a track. Tapping a track brings up the context menu.

Steps to reproduce:

Select Force RTL from developer options OR change system language to a RTL language then tap any song. The song won't play and the context menu will pop up instead.

Workaround:

Disable RTL in developer options or change system language to a non-RTL language such as English.

Hey guys!

Just as @ChrisFlynn mentioned in his post, RTL is currently not supported by our app. We'll pass all your feedback on to the right team.

Any other questions that you have, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great week!

Comments
saitsifedlemon
Casual Listener

I was one of the people who had this mode enabled on my phone.

can confirm the app breaks and can't play and songs or playlists when you have this turned on.

A quick fix for this would be awesome

yonatankahana
Regular

Happened to me!

Changing the language to English fixed it.

I would prefer to have it in Hebrew :)

Thanks Joe!

ChrisFlynn

Please fix this regression!

MaryC1
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey @ChrisFlynn@yonatankahana and @saitsifedlemon!

Thanks for letting us know this is happening to you as well.

In this case, could you let us know the exact version of Spotify you've got installed and the device/OS this is happening on? Is it the exact same as @Joe?

Keep us posted.

ChrisFlynn

Spotify 6.5.0.1816 armV7

Moto G, Android 5.1

MaryC1
Spotify Legend

Thanks @ChrisFlynn for sending that info over!

We've released a new version of the app a few days ago. Reinstall it by following these simple steps and let us know if the issue persists.

Could you guys @yonatankahana and @saitsifedlemon let us know the info we requested and check if you got the latest version of the app installed as well?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

yonatankahana
Regular
Sorry for not replaying faster. These are the details you requested:
Nexus 5, version 6.0.1.

Spotify version is 6.9.0.1212
ChrisFlynn

Actually @MaryC1, I've had the following email response from Spotify:

Thanks for getting back to us after trying the test account.

We can confirm that the RTL feature is not supported by the current app version.

No to worry through, we're always looking to improve Spotify in any way we can. We can’t say now if or when any specific release will be out, but as soon as we've got something to announce, we'll let everyone know on the Spotify blog.

If you think this is also something other Spotify customers would think is a good idea, be sure to add it to our ideas board. Those who also support your idea can then vote on it or add to the conversation. (Please note, the Community is currently only available in English.)

We’ll keep everyone updated on the status of your idea. Let us know if you have any more ideas or feedback.

Have a lovely day,

So I'm not sure in the value of reinstalling when Spotify have acknowledged it's not supported!

JuanSebastian
Roadie
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey guys!

Just as @ChrisFlynn mentioned in his post, RTL is currently not supported by our app. We'll pass all your feedback on to the right team.

Any other questions that you have, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great week!

Joe
Community Legend

Sorry but this sounds like a total cop-out and discrimination against arabic and hebrew users. Is this the new way of things "oops we broke something but rather than fix it, we'll announce that we don't support it"?