Announcements

[Accounts] Cannot Receive Verification Email

Hey everyone,

We’re getting reports that some of you are not receiving the email for the account verification, prompted in the app.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience and providing as much useful info as possible regarding this.

Writing to confirm the email verification prompt should no longer be visible.

If it still is or you're having troubles logging in, restarting the app should do the trick.

Cheers!

Comments
MNNspo
  • Australia
  • Fastmail.fm
  • Optus
  • Notifications = no
  • Yes, except I have not tried changing my e-mail address.  I have Spotify on other devices and don't want to have to change them.  I logged onto my account on my computer and verified my e-mail address there and that worked (e-mail received, clicked link and account says e-mail verified), but the app on my phone (Smsung Note 9) is still asking to verify e-mail address, but when I click to send e-mail no email arrives.

Subsequently uninstalled app on phone and reinstalled it - all working fine now.

.... BUT then I signed out and was back to square 0ne when I tried to use Spotify app on my phone a few hours later.

panor

- Email provider: Fastmail (preferred, but in troubleshooting switch to old Gmail account)

- Email domain: fastmail.com

- ISP: University ISP

- Notifications enabled: no

- Troubleshooting tried: Looked into all inboxes and also spam, switched to different email adress and then back via the website to force a new email to be sent > didn't work. Switched to old gmail account > Verification email received. worked, but is not preferred. I would've preferred to have stayed at the fastmail email

Edit: @Mario updated to add more info about troubleshooting. If something else, is needed i can provide.

daledavies

Same thing happening to me too. Tried multiple times, not in junk folder, reinstalled the app and was fine for a few hours but now I can't use it again.

daledavies

Oh this is interesting, a few users with fastmail as their provider. I'm using fastmail too!

Email provider: fastmail

Email domain: daledavies.co.uk

Ohiris

* Germany

* hotmail / outlook.de

* ISP: PYUR

* Notifications: enabled

Troubleshooting: changed my email adress and received a notification telling me about it. However, I do not receive the verification mail on either the new or the old address

Leoberr

Italy

Email: Libero

ISP: Iliad

Notifications enabled and troubleshooting tried.

denix97
  • Your country : Norway
  • Your email domain / email provider (make sure not to include your full email address) : hotmail.com
  • Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) : GET (Norwegian)
  • If you have Notifications enabled: Yes
  • Troubleshooting tried: All of the recommended ones in this post
likemusic

Tried 2 different emails and still no verification message. Please fix, or let us know there is no fix, so we can decide what to do next. Thank you. 

Wasilij_FR

E-mail : vassily / Free
Internet Provider : Free
I have notifications enabled.

Thank you by advance guys, 
Vassily 🙂

Mario

Hey folks,

Thank you all who have provided details so far!

We're forwarding those to the right team.

Please try and answer as many of the bullet points mentioned as possible, otherwise we might not be able to include your report.

It is essential you include the details regarding your ISP as well as if you've checked your spam/junk filters and any other blocking options.

Thanks!