Adding a song adds it twice to library

I've only experienced this problem with one band in particular, Agent Orange. When I add a track, it adds it to my library. If I click on "Artists" in my library, it says "1 Song". However, when I click on the artist, it shows two of the same song as being added to my library. I've tried adding multiple songs, and the same thing happens, two of each.

It's not a huge issue, but it's a little annoying when I'm trying to keep things organized.

Closed as their was no reply

Comments
otto_pilot
Casual Listener

Actually, I noticed the same thing is happening with another artist (haven't checked more), so there's that information if it helps.

Spotify
Spotify

Hey guys

If you could confirm the following we can keep investigating:

1. Your device.

2. Your device's operating system.

3. The exact Spotify version installed (check About Spotify)

4. Have you tried a clean reinstallation (yes or no)

Thank you!

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Closed

cheavoh

I have the same problem here is my info:

Custom built computer with Windows 10 pro.

Spotify version 1.0.16.104.g3b776c9e.

I have not tried a clean reinstall, but you can't really expect customers to reinstall your software every few months when something goes wrong. The installation was done few months ago. I have not done any non standard hacks or modifications since then.

Here is a screenshot:

temp.png

jean3601
Community Legend

Hey guys

Could i ask if you are still experiencing this issue in the latest Spotify Version?

xelamok
Regular

Hi,

@jean3601 When I used the web player I can add twice (or more) the same song into my playlist without being asked for confirmation or not, too bad that this kind of check is only done on mobile device...

jean3601
Community Legend
Status changed to: Closed

Closed as their was no reply

jean3601
Community Legend

Hey @xelamok

You can suggest that they add this feature to web player as well by submitting an idea here :)