Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(Samsung Galaxy A50)

Operating System

(Android 9)

My Question or Issue

Just a couple of days before, I could " Add to Playlist " a whole album / EP, and now it's gone / I can't find it.

It's a super useful feature and without it it's just painfully long to add each track individually.

Hey all,

Thanks for the information you gave us and for your patience! 

We're happy to announce that this issue has now been fixed! Please do a clean reinstall to make sure you're using the latest version of Spotify. 

If you're still having troubles, don't hesitate to let us know in the Help Boards. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a great day!  

Comments
Towery_S

I hope the 'add to playlist' feature is brought back to the album page. One workaround is to search for the album, and click the 3 dots menu from the search results.

mykee
Same conclusions here as stated by others. Spotify you need to stop removing perfectly well working features that adds to the value I receive as a paying customer. Stop focus on the all average customer and user, it just means you will end up offering an average solution at the end and you will eventually loose to your competitors.
pickle_rick

What. The. **bleep**. I saw that as a "new user" (after they erased my old account and ported everything to the new one) I get 3 months Premium free so thought what the heck. As soon as I got premium, more menu options appeared in the mobile app - as I expected, e.g. Radio. But Add to Playlist was also back - on ALBUMS, not just individual songs. So either someone flipped the switch and it's back for all of us - maybe we are part of some sick A/B testing experiment - or there's something wrong with the app code. 

Screenshot_20190924-225446_Spotify.jpg
AshSutton1

Off to amazon it is then.

billbobington

Adding full album's to playlists made dealing with the awful 10,000 limit on your library somewhat bearable as I could mange my own library through artist playlists. Removing this massively exasperates this long ignored problem.

DEG_fan

I am also very disappointed about this recent update. As someone who creates weekly playlists of new albums I want to, this is a super inconveneient update. I will also make my own post in the Help and Idea sections. I believe if we cause enough ruckus, they will have to see our opinion and consider changing it back. 

Since I reached my 10,000 song limit about a year ago, I've been relying on playlists to save albums I want to listen to. At this rate, I may switch to Apple Music or Amazon....

DEG_fan

I am also very disappointed about this recent update. As someone who creates weekly playlists of new albums I want to listen to, this is a super inconveneient update. Since I reached my 10,000 song limit about a year ago, I've been relying on playlists to save albums I want to listen to. At this rate, I may switch to Apple Music or Amazon....

Dealing with the 10,000 music cap is annoying enough, I literally have a memo in Google Keep of all the new albums that enjoyed but I can't add to my Spotify. But now not being able to add albums to playlist is almost the tipping point! I may have to move over to Apple Music or Amazon (or use them simultaneously with Spotify).

pickle_rick

Ok, I am going insane. I just took another screenshot and the album menu options have changed within 2 **bleep** i n g hours - and add album to playlist is GONE AGAIN. Compare this screenshot to my last post. How is this even technically possible in an app that's NOT BEEN UPDATED OR REINSTALLED?!?

Screenshot_20190925-005947_Spotify.jpg
jrisgod

Seriously considering cancelling my subscription after being a user since day dot - it's essentially service breaking for me with how I use playlists and listen to music.  If Amazon Unlimited has Playlist management I may jump across as I'm assuming this won't get fixed.

DEG_fan

This is basically a bump post, but PLEASE, Spotify, bring back "Add Full Album to Playlist"!!

Let me give you a run down of how I use Spotify.

I absolutely love Discover Weekly. I love finding new music. On Monday, I finish listening to Discover Weekly. FOR EACH SONG that I enjoyed, I add that song's album to a weekly playlist. I then proceed to listen to that playlist, and I usually finish the playlist by Friday. I've been doing this process for over a year now. These playlists end up being 13-21 hours long. It's a lot of music. I'd say the song count ranges from 150-230 songs a week.

Being that Spotify has 10,000 song limit, there is no way I'd be able to save all the songs that, so I rely on playlists. But now that the "add full album to playlist" is gone, my weekly routine of discovering music and album listening too has been ruined.

Let's say I like every song of the Discover Weekly (30 songs), I'd obviously want to go listen to those albums, because that's the purpose of Discover Weekly right? Let's say each of those albums has 5 songs, we're looking at 150 songs per week to save, meaning 7,800 songs a year (150 x 52 = 7,800). Therefore, a long time user, such as myself, or a short time user (1 - 2 years) would reach the 10,000 song cap very quickly.

Because of the song cap, I have a memo of all the new albums I enjoy but can't save. And as for the albums I really want to save, I have to enter them in a playlists.

Anyways, thanks for making it this far if you have. Please please please do bring back "add full album to playlist"!

Plan

Premium

Country

US Account/Reside in Japan

Device

Google Pixel 3

Operating System

Android 10