Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(Samsung Galaxy A50)

Operating System

(Android 9)

My Question or Issue

Just a couple of days before, I could " Add to Playlist " a whole album / EP, and now it's gone / I can't find it.

It's a super useful feature and without it it's just painfully long to add each track individually.

Hey all,

Thanks for the information you gave us and for your patience! 

We're happy to announce that this issue has now been fixed! Please do a clean reinstall to make sure you're using the latest version of Spotify. 

If you're still having troubles, don't hesitate to let us know in the Help Boards. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a great day!  

Comments
polite_society

This is very similar to how I use Spotify, except that I keep each album playlist in a folder of 'albums to listen to' 

You already removed the auto-naming of the album -> playlist (used to automatically name the playlist the same as the album)

Please don't leave this functionality removed as well. 

DEG_fan

Oh yeah, I have a playlist of "Albums to Listen To" too haha, but I usually do that by the end of the year, or if I take a long flight (like 7-15 hour flight), then I make a playlist of albums that I will listen to during that flight.

DEG_fan

I voted and commented on that thread before posting this. This post, is in effect, a bump to the that thread just to get the message out more, and to add to why this functionility is very important.

jrisgod

I have been speaking with Spotify support, they've confirmed this is "intended behaviour" and not a bug.  The support team didn't realise it had been changed and thought it was very strange, until they spoke to the Devs.

goatlips1970

This feature needs to be brought back.  It's something I constantly use.  At the very least, an explanation needs to be provided.  Scratch that.  No explanation.  Just bring it back.  It's obviously a functionality that many people want.  

Katerina

Hey there folks, 

We really appreciate reaching out about this here in the Community.

Keep in mind that we're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. There's more info about this here.

We don't have further info on this option at the moment, however we'd suggest adding your +VOTE and feedback to this idea. We'll make sure to keep you updated there.

You can also find out how your feedback reaches Spotify and how ideas get implemented in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this helps clarify things! If there's anything else we can lend a hand with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

DHeitz96

Been using Spotify for years and absolutely love it, but I will definitely be switching if this feature is not returned. Its essential for the way I listen to music, love albums and saving them for later in my playlists, so irritating to have to save songs individually. Anybody know if Tidal is any good?

Katerina
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-09-25

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

liamrouse5

ADD FULL ALBUM : FIXED!!!

Hi, just updating the community as I have discovered a fix to add full albums to playlist without the drag of adding every individual song.

Although clicking the 3 buttons and pressing the add to playlist feature is not possible anymore I have found a way! 

FIX: 

Go to desired album you wish to add in full to playlist.

Press the like symbol (the heart) to like the full album. 

Then go into your library and head to albums.

Search in the search bar or scroll down to find the album you want.

Once found the album, press and hold the album until the pop up menu appears.

This menu will have the option add to playlist. 

I have tested this out and it works! Hope this helps for you all. Happy streaming! 

pickle_rick

Whoever decided to remove this - you suck at customer centric design. Suck.