Adding second Amazon Echo Dot makes Spotify lose the first one

I have two Amazon Echo Dots let's call them #1 and #2.  Ever since I added #2, Spotify seems to lose #1 as a valid device periodically.  On my phone, only Echo Dot #2 will show up as a device.  And having Echo Dot #1 play Spotify is just silence.

I have a lot of devices in my house.  I'd really prefer a way to tell Spotify which devices are valid.  Becaues it picks up all my TV Chromecasts, but I'll never cast music there.  It seems like Spotify has a 6 or 7 device limit.

Posted elsewhere got not traction on it.  

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Windows-Phone-etc/Added-second-Amazon-Echo-dot-Spoti...

We're closing this thread as we never received an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 😃 
Comments
FabianS_Bogota
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @captainzeee!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Is this happening on every device you use? Let us know the operating systems and Spotify versions installed. You could try resetting the Internet router to see if it makes any difference.

Keep us posted.

captainzeee

Yes- happening both iphone 5s and 6, up to date OS, spotify app version 6.8.0.3786.  It seems to be related to the echo dot situation.  Because whenever Echo dot 1 can't play a song on spotify (no errors, it just does nothing), when I go into Spotify app on my phone, Echo dot 1 will be gone from device list under "devices available"

JuanSebastian

Thanks for the info!

Best thing to try here is a reinstall. Just follow these steps here. Also, try resetting your Amazon Echo Dot by following this guide.

Let us know how it goes.

JuanSebastian
Status changed to: Closed

We're closing this thread as we never received an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 😃